PDA

View Full Version : Ss Pan Mods

PARKER MAPLE
03-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Does Anybody No A Local Welder In Southern Vt, That Would Be Willing To Weld A Couple Of Particians In My 2ft X 4ft Ss Pan. I Had This Pan Custom Made Up And The Guy Delivered It To Me. When I Got It He Said He Didnt Have Time To Finish It.. So Now Im Left With Just A Flat Wide Open Pan. Would Like To Ideally Make One Partician At Aroung 18" In For My Syrup Pan. And Have 30" Left Over For The Sap Boil Off..

|--------|------------------------|
| | |
| | | Sorry For The Alfull Draw-
|------ | -----------------------| Ing But Looking For Some-
| | | Ing Like This..
| | |
| ------|----------------------- |
| | |
| | |
|_______|_____________________|
Any Help Would Be Appreciated..thanks

KenWP
03-10-2009, 09:41 PM
If you can find the metal you could solder it in for this year also. I had trouble to find anybody who could weld SS also.

PARKER MAPLE
03-11-2009, 07:15 PM
How Will Soldering Hold Up? If I Solder It Is There Anything Special I Need To Use?? Also If You Were Doing This To A 2ft By 4ft Pan Were Would You Put The Front Partician For The Syrup Pan? And Would It Be To My Beenifet To Do This?? Thanks

PerryW
03-11-2009, 10:45 PM
These a guy in waitsfield VT that can do it, but that's pretty far north in VT.

The good news is you can still at least use the flat wide-open pan if you have to. You will just have to finish it off on the kitchen stove.

PARKER MAPLE
03-14-2009, 09:05 AM
Yup Thats What Ive Been Doing For The Last Couple Of Days Know. Its Works But Im Looking To Be A Little More Efficient.