PDA

View Full Version : No Vacuum

Amber Gold
03-10-2009, 09:30 AM
I'm trying to diagnose a problem over the phone. My wife started the vac. pump up for me this morning and it's pulling no vacuum. I checked the oil level this morning before I left and it was working fine Sunday night when I shut it down for the cold snap. She went to the releaser and she can't here any hissing noises of an air leak. I was thinking something froze open on the releaser, but she can't hear any leaks. I did have her go down there and make sure the release knob on the releaser wasn't frozen and the float wasn't frozen to the bottom of the releaser.

She knows nothing about releasers/vacuum and I have a general understanding of everything.

Any ideas??

Thanks

dano2840
03-10-2009, 09:34 AM
maybe you lost a tree not to far up in the woods and it fell on the line and broke a fitting?

Amber Gold
03-10-2009, 10:27 AM
Problem figured out. I put a valve on the incoming line for when I shut the pump off it wouldn't spin backwards. My wife thought she had it opened when it was closed, hence no vacuum registering on the gauge. She opened the valve and vacuum went up fine.

Thanks