PDA

View Full Version : Propane burner blackening pans

swierczt
03-09-2009, 02:47 PM
I use a two-burner propane stove from Northern to finish my syryp on. Lately, whenever I fire it up is seems to blacken the bottom of my pans tremendously. Never been a problem before. I checked the air, it was fine...nice blue flame and all, but still lots of black soot on the pans. I left the cooker outside and maybe got some water or rust in the cast iron burners...other than that I haven't done anything different. Any suggestions?

swierczt
03-09-2009, 03:04 PM
...just to clarify, the soot is on the outside of the pans...the sap and syrup on the inside is just fine! The burners are leaving a nasty mess on the outside of the pans to clean up when I'm done. I've resorted to having to keep seperate sponges for the inside of the pan and the outside!

ericjeeper
03-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Your fuel to air mixture is off.Maybe a gas pressure issue too. You need more air to lean the burn out.

mfchef54
03-09-2009, 10:14 PM
to make clean up easier use an old camping trick. after cleaning the outside of the pans coat with some dish detergent. It will clean up in a jiffy. or if your like me and forgot just use some easy off.

Clan Delaney
03-09-2009, 10:20 PM
I say the bottom of the pot is made to be dirty. Better the outside than the inside!