PDA

View Full Version : Mariaville,Me. Bar Harbor region

BackwoodsBill
03-08-2009, 04:35 AM
Hello all!
tapped another 15 trees on 3/7/09 the sap is running before you can pound the spyle in here its worth the wait cant wait to boil sap next!
Backwoodsbill!

Home made propane tank evaporator turkey fryer for a finnisher one border collie named Kate 25 taps and sweat powered sap hauler no snow shoes (yikes) a lot of determination and lotsa fun!

sapsick
03-08-2009, 07:21 PM
put 100 taps in on Sat. collected about 15 gals today. gonna put out another 30 or so within the next couple of days. Tues is lookin good for another run.

Revi
03-09-2009, 07:51 AM
I think it will run today. We got all our taps in, so we have 280 trees flowing now. I think we'll have some sap in the tank tonight! We boiled yesterday just to sweeten the pan.

BackwoodsBill
03-10-2009, 08:07 AM
Hello all!
Well here it is tues.looking foward to the sap runnin good today yesterday did my first boil ever i only had 5 gallons of sap to boil but i did it i ended up with 1/2 pint of syrup its a little thin was affraid of burning it so quit while i was ahead! even though i used a turkey fryer to finnish it off and there was a fair amount of sugar sand at the bottom i have the greatest pleasure and sense of accomplishment and i will improve with time but that first jar will always be my minds best! looking ahead to more good times makin syrup ya think i may be hooked!

home made propane tank evaporator one border collie named kate 25 taps a sweat powered sap hauler (yikes no snow shoes) and a turkey fryer for a finnisher and lots of determination and havin fun!