PDA

View Full Version : Site glass for my evaporator

captaincpfd
03-05-2009, 08:38 AM
Looking for and idea on how and what to use for a site glass. I have a 1/2inch fitting on my pan i could use to put it in. It would get changed from side to side when i switched draw off site after awhile. If anyone know how to construct one please tell me and/or where i could go get one from. I've doing this so i can keep track of my level like everyone has. just dont know how to construct it. thanks again chad

greg
03-05-2009, 12:29 PM
you can get fitting and glass site tube at fw webb plumbing supply not sure off price know glass tube was only $4.50 few years ago when i broke one

mapleman3
03-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Are you putting this in your sap or syrup pan? I wouldn't bother in the syrup pan. it's used to keep the back pan at the correct height and it's usualy near the float box ... since a lot of evaporators have hoods on them it makes it easy to monitor the flue pan levels

jrthe3
03-05-2009, 12:44 PM
mine is a pice of clear plastic tube for lowes clamped to a brass fitting

Amber Gold
03-05-2009, 01:26 PM
I used clear plastic tubing (poly something). It's rated for 170 and is food grade and also got it from Lowe's. I used 3/8" ID and put it on my canner and put a Tee in my feed line so I can keep an eye on my feed tank level. It worked good. Just put a loop in the end so dust and stuff doesn't fall down inside and don't cap it as it won't read properly. It needs to be exposed to standard air pressure.

Haynes Forest Products
03-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Most boiler supply houses have them