PDA

View Full Version : delaval 74

chrisnjake9
03-02-2009, 05:55 PM
hi i have a delaval 74 the oiler is missing can i run the lines into a gallon jug of oil? it seems to me that theres a lot of vacuum on them when i hold my hand over the intake im thinking it would suck jug dry quick

Haynes Forest Products
03-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Yes you can you could also put in a metering valve and slow the oil rate down. Building your own vacuum pump system is like the maple syrup addiction your constantly trying to improve on a simple concept and build from there. Now to the nuts and bolts of the whole system. High vacuum causes high heat. Dairy pumps are a low vacuum high CFMs. If you increase speed of the pump you will increase CFMS And increase the vacuum but not as much as the CFMs. Increasing the speed and closeing down the avalible air to the pump will greatly increases the heat the pump generates. Increasing the speed and limiting the air intake without increasing the oil will cause the pump to wear or fail. So the options are to get more oil into the system for cooling and lurication.
Now if you made a flood oilsystem you would need steady stream of oil into the oump and a way of reclaiming the solid oil and the mist oil the solid oil is easy it just beches and farts into a tank on the exhaust side of the pump its the atomized oil mist that can depleate your oil supply and cause oil mist to pollute the entire area around the pump causing the ice caps to melt and the polar bears to die and you dont want that.

chrisnjake9
03-02-2009, 06:50 PM
im getting 18 in of vacuum on it when i put my fingers over oiler holes i get 22 where do i get a oiler or a metering valve also what about a bucket over exaust with top with pipe comming out of it like a condenser any ideas

Haynes Forest Products
03-02-2009, 07:51 PM
CJ: you can use any kind of valve I have a needle type onle because I dont want people to touch a ball valve and have it all out of wack. A ball valve is hard to fine tune.
If you decide that your going to run small amounts of oil then a reclaimer isnt as important but if your going to dump 2 gallons a day then you need to reclaim it. My pump is set up to recirculate 1 GPM if I want to flood that much into the pump but I lose 3 HGs of vacuum at that rate.

chrisnjake9
03-03-2009, 01:31 PM
where do i get a needel valve i called delaval they want 150.00 for the oiler

mountainvan
03-03-2009, 03:46 PM
I got my sight oilers from mcmastercarr.http://www.mcmaster.com/#1143k12/=ugof2

Brian Ryther
03-03-2009, 05:23 PM
I use the same one as Van on my Massport. It works very well.

chrisnjake9
03-03-2009, 07:44 PM
do i need one for each side or do you use one and t off it dose any body have pics of there oiler set up thanks jc

Haynes Forest Products
03-03-2009, 08:04 PM
I got mine from a welding supplier and I only used one for both sides. Your pump will lubricate the bearings and vanes with the drip oiler. The reason to flood the system with more oil is to cool the pump.