PDA

View Full Version : With you in spirit

SeanD
02-28-2009, 07:03 PM
It looks like I'll be missing the sugaring season this year. Last summer we had a hose burst in our second floor laundry room while we were on vacation. One hundred twenty something degree hot water gushed for a week. We lost pretty much all but the shell of the house to water damage and mold.

The insurance company has taken forever to give us a reasonable settlement, so we're still not even back in the house, yet. So, it looks like my trees will get a break from the drill this year. I'll use the time off to learn how to weld, finish building the sugar shack this summer, and make some upgrades. I'm also hoping to get out and see some other operations running this season. I haven't been able to do that since starting this addiction four years ago because any extra time was put into boiling.

So, I'll be thinking of you all and reading the Trader with envy (and still asking lots of questions). Have a great season!

Sean

Homestead Maple
02-28-2009, 07:51 PM
I'll be praying Sean that things will come around for you and your family with the insurance company in a timely fashion. That's a real tough situation to be in.

paul
02-28-2009, 08:09 PM
Sean

Our prayers go out to you and we hope things work out a little faster for you.
If you should make into vermont our sugar house is always open.

SeanD
03-02-2009, 07:09 AM
Thanks. I appreciate all the help we can get. It's been a huge hassle, but in the end it will be rebuilt. I've been blessed with a great family and we're all okay, so in that way we have been very lucky.

Sean

RileySugarbush
03-02-2009, 08:00 AM
I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune, Sean. Maybe you can profit a little from it though, by taking the chance to go and visit some traders and see there operations?

Good luck. You will be back stronger than ever next year.

maple-bubba
03-03-2009, 05:56 AM
Sean,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I think your right though, no one was hurt and your all still together. My suger shack is always open with good friends, family, good food, adult beverages and suggaring. Were just rookies but your welcome here Townsend