PDA

View Full Version : Plastic barrels?

Bucket Head
02-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Does anyone know of a source for used food grade plastic barrels, 55 gal., in or around central NY?

Thank's,
Steve

Homestead Maple
02-27-2009, 07:46 PM
Have you tried checking Craigslist for your area? That's how I found some.

Maple Restoration
02-27-2009, 07:55 PM
Hi Steve check and see if you have any soft drink factory's in your area coke or Pepsi they normally have a surplus of them. an go really cheap.

Bucket Head
02-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Thank's for the suggestions guy's.

Steve

stoweski
02-28-2009, 12:00 PM
As Homestead suggested, there is a guy up in Mexico that has both plastic & metal 55 gallon drums. $10 each. Do a search on craigslist in NY/Syracuse.
If you find a way to get 10 of them to the Albany area let me know. I have a variety of uses for them. :)

Keith

maple flats
03-21-2009, 08:31 PM
Bucket head, I have some extra plastic food grade barrels, give me a call. I also have some 15 gal ones. I will let some go for $12 ea, either size.

Brent
03-23-2009, 11:13 AM
The soft drink bottler's totes that were mentioned above are great.

They hold 275 US gallons and normally come with a 2" valve and male camlock connector on the bottom.

On of our local maple dearlers buys them from a coke bottling plant and sells them up here at $ 100. Cdn. The have a strong coke flavor and need a lot of washing inside to get rid of it. I got 5. One in the bush at the bottom of 150 taps on pipeline and two outside the sugar shack. I should have put a third one beside the shack for permeate to clean up with. They come on a sturdy skid and have a pretty good wire cage around them. The wire cage is not optional, it takes the load when they are full. If you get some take a file out to get rid of the burrs sticking out where they sheared and welded the top ring of wire on. They have very very sharp edges and you'll slice your fingers every time you get close to them.

see http://www.atkinsonmaple.com/ Look under catalogue > tanks and barrels > used barrels and drums for a picture