PDA

View Full Version : can you get used arch fronts

sugar man
02-26-2009, 06:57 PM
I was planing on building a arch this summer.I have some one that has a 2x4 raised flue pan cheep. I was wondering if any one knows were i can get a good arch front from.

Dill
02-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Bascom Maple should have them. Call them don't bother emailing this time of year. Or hit up any of your local supply houses.

brookledge
02-26-2009, 09:11 PM
like Dill said ask around or even put a want ad in the classified on the trader.
good chances you could find a cast front that is still in good shape while the rest of it is rusted out.
Keith

WF MASON
02-27-2009, 04:19 AM
If you can't find an arch front,any of the big three will sell a new arch front.

Pete S
02-28-2009, 06:52 AM
I've seen used arch stuff and used wood stove stuff for sale. I would think a used wood stove door may be easier to find and possibly cheaper.

If ya can't find anything,.............fab one out of plate steel...........from the scrap yard of course.

You could weld/fab a channel on the back to drive a seal into to make it an airtight door system.

Pete

buck_canuck
03-01-2009, 07:03 AM
Not sure where you live, but www.atkinsonmaple.com advertises used doors and fronts. Good folks to deal with. Shipping might kill you tho