PDA

View Full Version : plastic "washer" for stainless ball valve

Mark-NH
02-26-2009, 04:01 PM
I have a 1" stainless ball valve from Leader that is missing the plastic washers that seat on either side of the ball. I checked and Leader says they do not have access to just these washers.

A new stainless ball valve cost $75.00. Anyone out there been through this and know of a source for these?

gmcooper
02-26-2009, 04:58 PM
Check with a plumbing supply house. That is my best guess.
Mark

Haynes Forest Products
02-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Mark NH: Is it the kind of valve that has 4 bolts that hold it together. I have a few of them and they are ment to be rebuilt. Mine are the lind that you unbolt 3 out of the 4 bolts and the valve body swings out of the end caps. If its the screw together type how did you lose it. Let me know what brand it is.

Mark-NH
02-27-2009, 07:56 AM
Haynes,

It is not the kind you have. Instead one end cap is threaded, I assume to allow for rebuild. I bought a used evaporator and these washers were missing. My next step is tracking down the manufacturer and seeing if I can pick up a couple washers. Previous owner had tried to replace with o rings that did not stay seated.

Haynes Forest Products
02-27-2009, 08:05 AM
All ball valves have to assembled some how. could you get a similar valve in brass and swap out the part. It was most likley a white teflon seat.
What size valve is it?

Mark-NH
02-27-2009, 03:55 PM
White teflon seat sounds a lot more appropriate than "plastic washer" That is exactly what it is. I will look at brass models to see if they are the same. Thanks for the great idea