PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Facebook or twitter?

mapleman3
02-26-2009, 01:34 PM
I use facebook alot and now i'm starting to try twitter to keep updates of whats happening in my maple world... just curious if anyone else plays on them for fun?? feel free to add me if ya want!!

face book is Jim Desjardins

and the twitter link is http://twitter.com/DesjardinsMaple

anyone ??

wcproctor
02-26-2009, 03:43 PM
Hi Jim
I add you to my facebook Eli Laverdiere

Haynes Forest Products
02-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Who said I can Muli-task this is going to get bad

Clan Delaney
02-26-2009, 06:02 PM
I recently accepted Facebook after years of denying MySpace. Facebook felt a bit more grown up. I still kinda chafe at there being no distinction between "friends" and "aquaintences". Someone I kinda knew in school but never hung out with doesn't really count as a "friend", does it?

So far I'm staying away from Twitter. I may never be a published author, but I still pride myself on being able to string together more than a few lines of text and still be able to inform, entertain or educate. I feel like it'll slowly wear down my talent for the slowly disappearing art of prose. I've already been ignoring my blog too much. Twitter would destroy it.

Packerfan
02-26-2009, 06:34 PM
I'll add you Jim. Dan Corcoran,Madison, Wis. Face book............request sent

-Packerfan

mapleman3
02-26-2009, 08:19 PM
Got your messages guys...
and accepted, I figure to use them for updates on sugaring and whatnot... I guess I have a lot of time on my hands.. actually I got addicted to my blackberry some years ago and I'm still looking for new things to do with it....

Hi, I'm Jim and I'm a Mapleholic and crackberry addict.

Maple Restoration
02-26-2009, 08:41 PM
Hi Jim I tried to search for you on face book but I could not find you. what is your nearest host town?

mapleman3
02-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Try springfield ma.

Hi Jim I tried to search for you on face book but I could not find you. what is your nearest host town?

Maple Restoration
02-26-2009, 09:09 PM
Thanks Jim I finally think I found you!

mapleman3
02-26-2009, 09:45 PM
yep you did!

Davydd
03-09-2009, 07:25 PM
I'm on Twitter and Facebook. Why not? I find both fascinating. I've been online interacting one way or another since 1984.

Friend or acquaintance? Does it matter? You can always make new friends. Strange, that girl who tongue tied you in high school or hardly gave you a glance now can't stop commenting on your Facebook wall.

Twitter is a language art form and discipline. Try to be clear and lucid in 140 characters and try even more so without reverting to SMS texting. Often the the included url addresses will send you to a web page of interest long before the Google search crawlers find it and include it in a Google search.

Here is a clue about Twitter. The search function with keywords is a powerful tool. That is probably how most people find you and start following you. So when you pitch 140 characters think about keyword content. The key here would be to include maple, syrup and tapping in your tweet. If you want to be mesmerized go to http://www.tweetgrid.com and set up a grid of keywords to follow in real-time to find tweets that might interest you.

It does eat up your time. :)

Davydd
03-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Here's a followup. I went on Tweetgrid.com and searched Maple syrup and came up with this...

http://tinyurl.com/brjb86

Senator Charles Schumer is introducing a bill to encourage more maple tree tapping.

dano2840
03-10-2009, 07:58 AM
DANO HAS FACE BOOK!
Dan O'Shaughnessy on the harwood group thing i think