PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Tappers

BriJack
02-26-2009, 10:13 AM
hey all

I am looking for some Maple Syrup Supply Company in MN. Does anyone know of one in this state? I know of one's in Wisc., but I would like to find something around the state. Thank you for any help!!

RileySugarbush
02-26-2009, 10:34 AM
There used to be one. I started up with supplies from them but they are long out of the business. I buy most supplies from Sugarbush Supplies in Mich. Good prices and service.

mnguy
02-27-2009, 07:45 AM
RileySugarbush,

Thought maybe you could help me out with a question. This is my second time making syrup here in Minnesoat. Just do it for something to do and enjoy making our own syrup.

The question is what is typically the time most people here in Minnesota start tapping?

I just north of the metro area around Forest lake.

Thanks for any info you can give.

RileySugarbush
02-27-2009, 08:30 AM
I just watch the weather. We have had a couple of warm days so far but no stretch long enough to bother tapping. We might have gotten a few gallons but it wasn't worth it. The 10 day forecast shows low thirties (well 33F) late next week for highs so I doubt we will be tapping until after that. I'll post when we tap, for whatever that info is worth!

mntapper
02-27-2009, 08:08 PM
With the way the weather outlook is, it will probably be at least 2 more weeks before we can tap here. BriJack Andersons maple syrup in Cumberland Wi is agood company to deal with. Their prices are fair ,they ship the same day you order. I just bought a 2 x 6 evaporator from them and all the accessories. Steve Anderson delivered it himself, he was coming through this area, but went out of his way to deliver it to save money on shipping.

markcasper
02-28-2009, 12:08 AM
Last year I did not gather until March 22nd the first time. I started tapping on the 10th. I bet this year will be at least that way.

I live near Menomonie. I will be checking ground frost levels tomorrow. We have alot I am sure. If there is 18" or 24" in the woods, it will take a week of 40-50 dergree weather to get things moving.

A friend of mine went to Roths, Cadott, Wis today and they told him they were going to start tapping the end of next week.