PDA

View Full Version : Using pressure washer to clean tanks

Jerome
02-26-2009, 06:42 AM
I plan on using my pressure washer plumbed into my collection tank so I can add bleach to the water do any of you see any problems with this?? with the mist from the washer and the bleach I thinks I have more chance to get better sanitation.

Haynes Forest Products
02-26-2009, 07:52 AM
Jerome: Alot of pumps dont like bleach so check the manf. I would'nt ware your Sunday best you know bleach can be. As far as sanitiezing things you will get it done with a power washer. Your better off spraying it clean with water then with a hand sprayer soak everything with the bleach and then spray totaly clean. Keep the bleach out of the system and have clear rinse water.

davey
02-26-2009, 09:23 AM
Be sure to rinse to the point of being excessive. Don't want any flavor picked up once the sap is concentrated.

Dave Y
02-26-2009, 11:10 AM
Jerome,
dont put bleach in your pressure washer. It will damage the pump. I put bleach water in the tank to scrub and the use the pressure washer to rinse with.

Jerome
02-26-2009, 12:40 PM
thanks it would have been my second pressure washer and I would have been sleeping in the sugar shack on a permanent basis. hmmmm. on second thought!!!!

Brent
03-06-2009, 07:55 PM
for what its worth I read on the U of Vermont Proctor web site that beach and hydrogen peroxide are not effective on the microbes that haunt us. Will kill a lot of other stuff though.

KenWP
03-06-2009, 11:14 PM
In the pig barns we used a clorine based disenfectant and it cost me $4500 bucks to find out what it did to the pump on the thing. We ened up useing a back to hold the chemical attached to the pressure wash hose to save the pump.