PDA

View Full Version : Uphill Vacuum

mapleman3
11-07-2004, 05:45 PM
OK I know I can pull sap uphill, here is the question. I only have 100 taps on a delaval 75.. so plenty of Vacuum, my bush is mostly flat. my sugarhouse is about 8 feet higher than the lowest section of bush. before I had the vac system about 2 feet higher and about 25 ft away from the lowest point.. had no problem.
Now I'd like to put the vac system up near the shack or in the barn, again about 8-10 ft higher and about 100 feet away from the lowest point.

Should I make a sap ladder? or should I just pull the sap by vacuum? and should it be a gradual incline or straight up then across the 100 ft or so to the sugarhouse??? I could fax a drawing if needed maybe email.

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
11-07-2004, 07:47 PM
post edited

mapleman3
11-07-2004, 07:53 PM
Ok Kevin sounds good!! now the star goes at the begining of the mainline(lowest point) then laterals up to another mainline. just curious how it lifts it up the laterals? do a few of the risers just suck air and others lift the sap? I should be able to test this after hook up with a bucket or two of water at the end point and see it run to the ladder right?

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
11-07-2004, 08:09 PM
post edited