PDA

View Full Version : Maple syrup smell

mfchef54
02-23-2009, 10:55 AM
I don't know if anyone else has been following this but the mysterious maple syrup smell in Manhattan has been finally discovered. It seems that the smell is coming from a plant in NJ that makes fragrances and spice mixes. turns out that the culprit is fenugreek seed. go figure.

Haynes Forest Products
02-23-2009, 03:53 PM
They us it to flavor things............to taste like maple syrup..............go figure.......thats why b grade is up in price

mountainvan
02-23-2009, 06:40 PM
I can't believe that people were complaining about the horrible maple smell. Dang city slickers!

Bucket Head
02-23-2009, 07:14 PM
I read about it. Then as time went on, co-workers were coming up to me and asking me what the smell was.

Like I would know whats going on there with that!

I guess they thought since I was a syrup maker, I would know what's up with the syrup smell.

Guilty by association!

Steve

mfchef54
02-25-2009, 05:13 AM
I think some of the fear was that it was a toxic gas that had been masked with the maple smell. Besides i wonder how many of the people who smelt it really know what real maple syrup smells like

Tomahawk
03-09-2009, 01:22 PM
I don't know if anyone else has been following this but the mysterious maple syrup smell in Manhattan has been finally discovered. It seems that the smell is coming from a plant in NJ that makes fragrances and spice mixes. turns out that the culprit is fenugreek seed. go figure.

...and all this time I thought everyone was enjoying the steam from my turkey fryer.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
03-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Way to go Tomahaw, had to smell better than a lot of the other smells in NYC.