PDA

View Full Version : Flue Drain pipe size/Thread

Jeff E
02-23-2009, 08:30 AM
Good day everyone- I sold my old Leader vermont 2x8 to an Amish gent (no phone, no email) about 4 hours away. On delivery, I realized I did not have the Flue drain pipe and valve with me. I told him I would ship him the piece.

I CANT FIND IT!!! Nor can I see the female threads I need to match on the pan, nor can I call him! Does anyone know the pipe size and if it is standard NPT threading?
I want to ship him a new set up ASAP so he can make syrup!

Haynes Forest Products
02-23-2009, 08:47 AM
Dang I know the feeling I sold my 2X8 on ebay sunday and listed it with 4 plugs only found 1 YIKES but it does have the drain and its 3/4 NPT and was only about 12" long. It was long enough to connect to the bottom flue and thats close to the side of the arch and then thru the fire brick and the arch side to the valve.
Trust me if he is like most Amish he has it coverd done and improved but that doesnt mean you dont owe him. Mail the man $25.00

How are you going to send it to him if he cant get mail or are they that small group of Amish that only believe in UPS .................shut up Chuck

Jeff E
02-23-2009, 08:56 AM
Thanks HFP, was yours a Leader pan set? If so it would have to be the same size.

He gets mail, but no email, etc. You are probably right regarding the fact that he probably has it taken care of already. I just don't want to risk it. I would rather send him $$ but I know for him getting the parts is a lot more work than it is for me.
He would get the buggy out, get ol' Bessy into the harness, and then the missus would give him the list of other stuff to pick up, and oh boy, here come the kids to get dropped off at the lake to ice fish while dad's in town...HE JUST WANTS TO GET THAT EVAPORATOR SET UP!!!

Maybe I am projecting to much of my life on the poor guy...

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
02-23-2009, 09:07 PM
My Leader 2x8 drop flue has 3/4" drain pipe on the flue pan and 3/4" drawoff valves, so I would guess this is what size it would be.

Haynes Forest Products
02-23-2009, 11:11 PM
I think they are all 3/4 I was always holding my breath when I would unscrew that dang thing was always tight and worried the solderd fitting would twist off. That is one fitting you can tighten by hand and let the gunk seal it up.