PDA

View Full Version : Zero Tank $

Brian Ryther
02-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Got a call from a farmer tonight. He wants to sell a 300 gal zero tank. What is the going rate for $/gal?

davey
02-20-2009, 06:37 PM
most seem to want a dollar a gallon for dairy tanks, but if you discuss the fact that you don't need a working condensor or agitator that may help to lower the price.

Dill
02-20-2009, 06:47 PM
The smaller tanks are getting really hard to find around here. I've found they go for more than 1/gallon which was always the going rate. They are getting snapped up by goat dairies and cheese makers.

Thompson's Tree Farm
02-20-2009, 06:51 PM
If it is a zero vacuum tank (and hods vacuum), it is probably worth $2/gal. There is more demand for them as they don't need a sap extractor. That being said, it also depends on other people in your area being interested in it. As an old dairy tank, the 1$/gal is pretty standard. Also, not much demand in the dairy industry for a tank that small anymore.

gmcooper
02-20-2009, 07:18 PM
One thing to consider is how hard is it to get the tank and who is doing the work.

maplehound
02-20-2009, 10:35 PM
For those of you who look for these tanks, My neighbor has advertised for them in a local paper and now has at least a dozen of them sitting in his yard. From what I hear, he is sending them to Coasta Rica!!!!! I get kind of jelous just looking at them all. They must range in sizes from 250 gallons to about 500 gallons. Some are flat toped and others are cylindical and probably zero's that can be vacuumed. Not sure what he has been paying for them but he sure has found enough farmers willing to sell them.

Bucket Head
02-21-2009, 11:19 PM
Coasta Rica? Why?

Great. More stuff needed here, but instead being exported.

He could'nt sell them here to folk's that could use them?

Steve

maplehound
02-22-2009, 10:47 AM
I believe it is a relief effort that is suported by his church. they are sending the small tanks, (that most the local farmers are replacing for bigger ones) over to help out the small farmers there that can't afford to buy one even if they were available wich as I understand it they arn't.
It is probably a good thing for those farmers there, but I am jelouse when I see all he has and some are better than the ones I have.

KenWP
02-22-2009, 11:15 AM
How much are they spending on shipping empty tanks to Casta Rica. Would be like shipping empty boxs set up instead of flattened. Money would be better spent on figureing out how to get the tanks made down there some how.

Haynes Forest Products
02-22-2009, 12:06 PM
Ok help me out here I thought exports were good for this country. About 10 years ago I had a bunch of hydrolic equipment and a buyer from Guatamala baught it all sight unseen. They are desperate for this type of thing. Have you seen the price of buying new.