PDA

View Full Version : Dano 2009 update

dano2840
02-20-2009, 09:23 AM
well im getting there, ive got around 350 new taps up this year with 50 more on tubing to come probably on march 2nd, when i get back from florida, plan to set out 45 buckets too, need to clean 35 of them, 1 tanks in place and am going to paint it today (needs to be done), sugar house is done, poured slab yestarday, may get evaporator tomarrow before i go to FL, i dont know, the 500 gal tank that i was going to use to transport sap has 10" of ice in it. dont know how im going to thaw it out so i can clean it, when they stopped using it to bring water to the cows they must have neglected to empty it, i dont have a heated garage either, need to paint a couple of small rust spots on my 2 other tanks, need to get one down to the bottom of my little sugar bush and the other in the sugar house, but i have to make a stand for it to get it above the evap, ive gott to run a line from the top of my drive down to the feed tank in the sugar house, if i do get the evap in tomarrow i got to brick it and get the stack up, roof jack is the wrong pitch so looks like i will have a crooked stack until i get another jack, have to go in and shovel some parts of my main lines, wash out that big tank if i ever get it thawed, tighten up a bunch of lats that have stretched out, button up the lines, cap the unused barbes on the star fittings, cut a whole in the wall for the wood shed, move the snow bank that ive allready moved once that the plow guy maid again last night at the sap pick up drive way, and maybe just maybe by some slim chance or miracle tap on march 2nd, i wont tap unless the evaps set up, well maybe i will and sell the sap if im not ready, there are buyers that i could call up and they would come get it, i dont know, i doubt the family is going to help when we get back we will see, oh i need to buy some more cans for the syrup, make a bench in the sugar house for the canner to sit on, move the couch into the sugar house, get some of those cheap big lights that will clip to the rafters and a couple more extension cords, get the blower and rig it up to the evap, maybe get the tv in the sugar house, DEFINETLY THE STEREO, thats needed to make quality syrup, but ive got alot of work to do and only 2 days off when i get back from FL to do it before its back to school

3rdgen.maple
02-20-2009, 10:34 AM
Man danno you got alot to do. Wanna buy a tractor?

dano2840
02-20-2009, 10:40 AM
hmmmmm your "marketing technique" in your other thread makes me go against buying it, hehehe plus i just borrow all the other farmers tractors when ever i need one, it would be nice to have my own though where i didnt have to pick it up drive down the road and bring it back all the time, ive been lucky that i get to borrow the jd all winter and spring and it gets to stay at my house
yea ive got my work cut out for me- im picturing those last 2 days of vacation as a frenzied grind where i will find my self running all over the place with out meaning to run, then doing things really fast out of excitement, and spending what money is left on pipe and tweeking out

3rdgen.maple
02-20-2009, 10:45 AM
Danno thanks for the laugh never claimed to be a savy salesman. I give you a real good deal? You were suppose to disregard that last post.

dano2840
02-20-2009, 10:47 AM
if its under 45 hp i dont want it, if its 2wd i dont want if it doesnt have a loader i dont want it, if its made by yanmar i dont want it LOL

3rdgen.maple
02-20-2009, 10:51 AM
40 hp turbo diesel, 4x4 ,loader, ohhhh crap yep made by Yanmar.

3rdgen.maple
02-20-2009, 07:44 PM
hey Danno you just got your drivers license didn't you? I willing to throw in a 2005 grandprix if you really want that tractor. Oh I guess I should mention that the wife just wrecked it in a car accident an hour ago. Everyone is ok so that is good. Sad thing is we traded it in for a new suv and were suppose to drop it off monday. What a great day. Not to mention a couple of feet of snow today.

gator330
02-20-2009, 07:58 PM
If they want more money even wrecked, tell them the deals off. There desprite to sell cars right now. Glad every one was O.K.

3rdgen.maple
02-20-2009, 08:06 PM
Gator tell me about it. They already dropped the price $9000 since we looked at the same vehicles in the fall. Some really good incentives to buy right now
Not to mention I really want the wife in a 4x4. I guess we will see what happens. More fustrated about the weather man I want sap.

gator330
02-20-2009, 08:26 PM
SAP WOULD BE GOOD!!!!!

I was looking at a $50,000 one ton diesel, loaded, duel, full size, four door, full lenght box A few months ago. Had them dowm to $38,000 If I was a little less sensable I may have bought it. I just didn't want to be the sole person responsable for jump starting the economy. That and I have been with out car payment for three years. Kinda nice!!! I think today I could get another $6,000 off. Stay away from the car dealer!!!! Shouldn't be have this conversation!!!!

3rdgen.maple
02-20-2009, 10:40 PM
One ton sure would haul alot of sap gotta think about those things you know.
Unfortunate for me I have no choice gotta go talk with the sales guy. Gotta keep the wife happy. When the wifes happy spending money on maple equipment does not bother her.