PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Skimmers

KenWP
02-20-2009, 08:14 AM
Does anybody have ideas on makeing a skimmer. Hopefully easy to make and not to hard to track down materials for it.

Haynes Forest Products
02-20-2009, 08:28 AM
Just go down to the local fur trader up there and get yourself a ladel and a small screen that they use for siffting flower.

Mac_Muz
02-20-2009, 10:44 AM
I went to a local El Cheapo tools shop where there is cheap kitchen wares. There I bought 3 screen things for a buck. I took them all home and lost 2 somewhere, but kept one and put on a white pine stick where it's handle was.

Before that I had a red oak Y like a sling shot, that I sewwed some screen to, it works still as well as the smaller one. Not very pretty, certainly not very professional looking, but nothing else i have is either! :D

Maple Restoration
02-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Does anybody have ideas on makeing a skimmer. Hopefully easy to make and not to hard to track down materials for it.

Hi KenWP if you have a local restaurant supply store you can pick up the stainless steel fryer skimmers they come in sizes from 2” to 10” and they have a 16” handle I picked mine up and they are under $5.00 cdn.