PDA

View Full Version : President Obama in Ottawa

Teuchtar
02-19-2009, 09:04 PM
Mr President made a big hit in Canada today.
I called my mom in Ottawa, and the big news is that Mr Obama crossed the street from Parliament to do some shopping at the Byward market.
Check this out: http://www.cbc.ca/photogallery/news/1990/
He's buying Maple Cookies for the girls. Is that $20 Can he's forkin' over ?
Hey, we'll make a hoser out of him yet, eh ?
Looks like maple cookies will be a hot commodity now.

benchmark
02-19-2009, 10:35 PM
What the heck is this crap??

KenWP
02-19-2009, 11:05 PM
I can't buy maple cookies anymore. I eat the whole bag at one time. I have taken maple cookies as far as France to give to freinds.

Dave Y
02-20-2009, 06:07 AM
Who cares?

Clan Delaney
02-20-2009, 06:27 AM
Alright, lets please keep a respectful tone towards other members. Please.

Politics completely aside, this looks like a simple case of celebrity. I heard a story on NPR mentioning that shortly after Mrs. Obama dressed her girls in products from J.Crew, the J.Crew website was overwhelmed by traffic and had to be shut down temporarily. We make and sell maple. Regardless of what I think of the celebrity buying our maple products, I can accept it as at least a passing (maybe lasting?...) boon in sales for our industry.

Haynes Forest Products
02-20-2009, 08:40 AM
I think if we had a picture of ATTILLA THE HUN with a bottle of maple syrup and it had all of Europe buy our products I would be talking about his great work for our industry. Relevent story properly catigorized.....lets move on. Plus if Maple cookies are all the rage it will move Bear bait Syrup up in price.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
02-22-2009, 06:58 AM
Now he's all concerned about the economy but he spends the $ 40,000 per hour charge to fly Airforce One all over the place. Just hopped in it this past week and took the wife to Chicago for dinner.

Revi
02-22-2009, 12:23 PM
Obama is a maple syrup lover now. Look out! The stimulus may come in the form of maple cookies! I'm okay with that. I like cookies.