PDA

View Full Version : Re using brick

dano2840
02-19-2009, 08:49 AM
ok so i took all the brick out of the arch, there was fire brick in the fire box and from the fire box back was lined with red brick, about a 1/3 of the bricks broke, but i have some excess fire brick that i happend to have to replace the broken fire brick, but i have a bunch of red brick down to the farm, so can i re use the unbroken bricks that i took out of the evaporator? can i even re use the ones that only broke in half?

Haynes Forest Products
02-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Just mud them in like any other brick. Its the same as cutting bricks for small areas. Once in place they will be ok if you get good cement around them. I have had to remove a few boilers in the past and its amazing how little is holding firebrick into a boiler and its a bitch to get them out. I tink if you have left over morter/cement its not a bad idea to thin down alittle and brush over the joints.

jrthe3
02-21-2009, 05:08 PM
when you guys talk about red brick are you talking about regular red glay bricks like used in chimmeys

ericjeeper
02-21-2009, 05:14 PM
Yes.. Just regular red bricks.. Not the fancy high priced fire bricks.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
02-22-2009, 06:36 AM
Are the red brick you are referring to the same that is used on the exterior of houses??