PDA

View Full Version : Happy Tappin'

baconfarm
02-18-2009, 03:57 PM
The lines were hung by the trees with care in hopes that mother nature soon would be here. a little diddy for you all. We have started tapping here in Sidney. We started February 14th. A few trees were weeping but nothing to speak of. Lets hope that mother nature cooperates this year. We have a storm coming in tonight lets hope that we don't get alot of snow. Working on snow shoes is terrible work.

Happy Tappin'
Happy Sappin'

Have a great season
Bacon Farm Maple Products

TapME
02-18-2009, 05:29 PM
I'm hoping for a little snow, but I think that we may hit the jackpot on this one. I still have a lot of work to do to be ready. Good sapping to you all and may your syrup be sweet and light.

royalmaple
02-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Lou-

"light syrup" what is that talk all about?

May your syrup be worth lots in a drum and may you fill many of them.

TapME
02-18-2009, 06:10 PM
OK Matt, may the syrup be sweet and lots of it. Hows that. I would love to fill 3 drums this year but that's a reach. I'll just bring sap to you, with a captains charge added on.

tessiersfarm
02-18-2009, 07:13 PM
You guys are giving me the urge to tap. It only takes me 1 day or so to tap alone so I will go with the weather. 1st week of march every year I have done it so far, looks to be the same this year. I can hardly contain myself, new evaporator and all. I got my application in for my state licence to sell maple syrup so I can do Maine Maple Sunday this year. Thanks again to Kevin and Shelley Bacon for the Maple School. I thoroughly enjoyed it as did my wife, we learned a lot and it inspired us to take the next step. I guess 1 more week of cleaning buckets and getting stuff ready.

Revi
02-18-2009, 08:49 PM
It was above freezing today, and maybe on Saturday. We're going to tap the tubing trees this weekend, but hold off on the buckets until the weekend after next. Once those buckets are tapped you have to check them every day. It's fun, but we'll wait until it warms up a bit more.

baconfarm
02-26-2009, 11:08 AM
We have gotten our largest groves tapped and are working our way through our smaller groves and fixing problems along the way. Hopefully by the end of the weekend we will be done tapping and have tanks and vacuum pumps etc out and ready for mother nature. It is warm today so a great day to tap trees.
Shelley Bacon
Bacon Farm Maple Products