PDA

View Full Version : mid michigan

glassman
02-15-2009, 05:42 PM
did any one in mid michigan start? even with the mild weather i was reluctant and only tapped two test trees with very little returns.

Big maple
02-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Be patient and wait. The last weekend in February or thhe first week in March depending on the forcast. You will still be able to boil until you are sick of it and then some. We always tap at that time and every year I still want to tap at the first warm up but, there is still going to be a cold snap here there always is, and I am always glad I didn't.

Tweegs
02-18-2009, 07:30 AM
My yard tree has produced very little. Have one tree down in the bush, along the driveway, that I'll tap this weekend just to keep an eye on things.

Got 1 bug left to work out on the evap, otherwise good to go. Figure I'll cut more wood while we wait.

glassman
02-18-2009, 06:34 PM
i usually do get sick of it at the end of the season, waiting is hard to do but i am doing it. all i have is a two by three old syrup pan on a home made field stone arch in a slab wood shed so my rate isnt anywhere near some of you guys, but it is fun and tasty.