PDA

View Full Version : Noozel

The Maple Men
02-15-2009, 05:07 PM
How do i know what the right size noozel for the oil burner is i have a 10 gph 60 angle on a 42 x 12 evap i ask because the steam is so bad in the sugar house. i have a piggy back on the rear pan and just built a hood for the front pan 42 x 4 hung it about 17" off the pan and a 10" stack and still after about 5 min of boiling i cant see in the sugar house. iguess the next option is a hoke in the roof just wanted to check and make sure you couldn't have to bigg of a noozel and boild to fast.

Haynes Forest Products
02-15-2009, 05:51 PM
Im not sure if you understand what the object of this game is. You do understand that about 99% of the posts on here are about trying to do what your not sure you should be doing. You could put a 2 gallon in the gun but then you would be starting another thread about why your boil rate is so low. All kidding aside. Do you bring outside into the sugar shack. Steam doesnt like to move and its alot heavier than air so let in some air and see if that helps it move.

brookledge
02-15-2009, 07:26 PM
Actually to me a 10 gpm nozzle is to small with that set up.
I have a 3X12 and boil 140 gph. So with a 42"X12' plus a piggy back you should be somewhere around 200 gal per hour. So use that as a guideline.
It sounds like you don't have adequate ventilation.
Contact the manufactuer and see what the sizes recommended for your set up both nozzle and steam stacks
Keith

Haynes Forest Products
02-15-2009, 07:55 PM
My 3X10 with a 6.5 nozzel does well over 100 gallons per

The Maple Men
02-15-2009, 08:17 PM
You must all forgive me i have been right at it straight every spare moment getting everyhting ready and i guess now ( iam laughing to my self and my wife thinks iam crazy) as i re read my question outloud it was not a good one i don't know a lot but with the system full of water that thing really comes to a strong boil which is good.
i guess my option at this point is coupala. i have confirmed air is not an issue we have pleanty of that. hood over the front pan did not work so it is on to cutting the roof i would try to tolerate the steam but it is to bad after 10 min you can't see the other side of the shack and at abot 15 min thr drips start we tried heat and that made a big improvment but still one end of the shack wouldn[t empty of steam.