PDA

View Full Version : beer faucet for syrup

gearpump
10-17-2004, 03:37 PM
I was just wondering if anybody has used beer faucets on there canners. The chrome valve I have now keeps sticking and its a real pain when I fill those 50ml nips! Northernbrewer has a stainless model that I believe will take the heat and not stick. Any advice is appreciated.

Marty

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
10-17-2004, 03:55 PM
Haven't used the beer type but I bought one of the $ 20 faucets for bottlers from Bascoms and it works great. It is a 1/2" and I really like it a lot.

Awful pricey, but works great which is the main thing! :D

Have you tried taking apart the faucet and cleaning the internals?? Some faucets can be dis-assembled to a certain extent and cleaned. It may be gummed up on inside or have sugar sand in it?? :?: :?:

gearpump
10-17-2004, 05:12 PM
Brandon, That's the one I have. They work ok on big jugs, but when you do a couple cases of the small nips the sugar does build on the inner surface and binds. I have tried cleaning it by soaking in boiling water for 15 minutes but the problem is still there. I have used it for three years now, so maybe its just worn.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
10-17-2004, 07:36 PM
I guess you wore it out last year with that 132 gallon! :D :D 8O 8O

I think you can dis-assemble it some. Might want to try and see if you can check the internals to see if they are worn or have trapped particles. :?