PDA

View Full Version : Permeate tank question

Thompson's Tree Farm
02-11-2009, 06:09 AM
OK guys, I'm setting up the RO. Question is this. Currently there is a 1" fitting coming off the end of the tank I will use for permeate. The inlet on the RO is 1 and 1/4". Do I need to change the fitting size or can I plumb the permeate in with 1"? Thanks!
Doug

maplwrks
02-11-2009, 06:31 AM
Doug---What brand RO is it? I know that the Springtechs require a larger inlet pipe, because their HP pump runs while washing. On a Lapierre or CDL, only the feed pump runs, so 1 1/4" is good. My thought is that if you can put in a larger feed from your tank, you should. Some of the other guys may be able to weigh in on this also.

802maple
02-11-2009, 06:47 AM
Doug- As remember you have a CDL machine. If you immediately convert to 1 1/4 you should be fine, so as not create any kind of friction loss. When and if you ever go to another column you may need to do something else ,but as you are you should be fine. The main thing is that when you come from your raw sap tank you have atleast a 1 1/4. When I use to service RO's I would recommend that you go larger so that you are covered for any future expansions if needed.

Thompson's Tree Farm
02-11-2009, 06:58 AM
Thanks guys,
The machine is a LaPierre 600 gallon/hr. I have the 1 and 1/4 for the raw sap, no problem. I could go to 1 and 1/2 but that is larger than their inlet so I saw no purpose. The tank I have for permeate currently has a 1" drain on it and if that would be fast enough for the rinse cycle, it would save me another trip to town. If I should go bigger, I will wait to plumb it until I make a run for more parts. Jerry, wanna take the long way to Pa and pick me up this weekend?
Doug