PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new pans

nymapleguy607
02-10-2009, 08:02 PM
So I might be a little ahead of things but I want to replace te pans on my 2x6 this next year. I am pretty sure I am going to go with leader pans but what are a good type of raised flue pans to get? I think the patriot pans are like the more economy type raised flue but I am not sure. Anybody know for sure or know a good set of raised flue pans. Thanks Jeff

3rdgen.maple
02-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Sent you a pm

Haynes Forest Products
02-10-2009, 09:30 PM
Ford Chevy Dodge...I like my Waterloo Small....Just a quick question If you send someone a PM why do you need to tell them? Is it like telling someone you want to tell them a secret but you tell the whole room?

brookledge
02-10-2009, 10:42 PM
Jeff
I think Leader only make two types of raised flue. the patriot which has parallel flow syrup pan and the revolution which drawes off the same side all the time but is still reversable.
The american stlye is a drop flue.
I have the revolution pans and love them, I draw off the same side all the time and I can reverse flow in about 3 seconds.
Keith

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
02-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Or get the new Leader max pans which is a drop and raised flue in the same pan and appears to be about 40% more evaporation rate over a stanard flue pan.

nymapleguy607
02-11-2009, 04:50 PM
For the amount of taps I do the Max pans would be overkill. I am probly overkill with runniing a 2x6 for the amount of trees I tap.

3rdgen.maple
02-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Haynes Did I pm the wholeroom? No, dont' know what the problem is. I have been sent pm's and did not know it till I was told I was sent a pm. Sorry to offend you. I guess I will have to get caught up on my forum manors.