PDA

View Full Version : '09 Retail Prices

Amber Gold
02-09-2009, 12:43 PM
I'm not sure if this has been covered yet, but was wondering what retail prices you all are charging for this season? Are they higher, lower, or the same as last year?

Haynes Forest Products
02-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Yes. Its all about supply and demand and the demand is up and supply is coming so who knows time will tell. Just keep on following the bulk buyers prices.

maple flats
02-09-2009, 04:55 PM
I plan on going up slightly (about 10%) from my 08 prices but will re evaluate after the season when I see what the production trend was for the industry. Then i may go up or down as indicated by projected supply.

DS Maple
02-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Currently I don't see the prices going down at all. Everyone I know locally is selling syrup for at least $17 per quart and has just about run out. Some of these people made upwards of 700 gallons last year so that's quite a bit to move on a retail market. Personally, I'm going to keep prices as they are right now, $20 per quart, and see how things go. Unless bulk prices drop significantly, my retail prices will hold steady.

ennismaple
02-09-2009, 10:57 PM
Still not sure - likely a slight increase (3-5%) but not too much. The retail market is likely to be a bit softer than last year.