PDA

View Full Version : old catalogs

hard maple
02-07-2009, 06:34 PM
I collect old catalogs from the different manufacters.
From 1986 I pretty much have them all.
Got the 1977 paper from GRIMM on the filter press
Whos got old stuff like this?
The prices make me shake!!!
Today the cost of four draw off pails would have bought you a new 2x6 back in the day!

Mark-NH
02-07-2009, 08:44 PM
I have Bascom's catalogs going back to 94. Only missing 2001 I think. Not only have the prices evolved but so has the equipment. Looking through these reminds me how much has changed in just 15 years.

forester1
02-09-2009, 08:46 AM
I've got catalogs from some of the major manufacturers and dealers going back to 1978. Nothing older. It's interesting seeing some items only lasting a few years before they were dropped, like the Raithby economizer and the Sapsucker. Also the tin to stainless switch over a few years.

Buckeye mapler
02-10-2009, 10:39 PM
Now thats scary. whats funny is I was looking at last years leader and comparing prices to this years and just thought, I am going to save these and see how much it goes up. then i found this thread! wierd, no pun intended, but i guess you could say this site leaves no page unturned!

hard maple
02-10-2009, 11:26 PM
just think
you'll be able to pick up one of those old catalogs someday and say "that's back when you could buy an evaporator with a cast front on it"
How long do think it'll be before a foundry is no longer making parts for these arches?

forester1
02-11-2009, 08:32 AM
I have a hard time thinking of catalogs from the 70's and 80's as old since they were sent to me direct from the companies trying to sell me an evaporator. I saved them to look and dream. The trouble was even when evaporators only cost $1000 I never had the money.