PDA

View Full Version : Critters

Thompson's Tree Farm
02-07-2009, 03:55 AM
Yesterday I discovered another way that squirrels (I think) can be a problem. I was starting to set up my vacuum pump and discovered that the exhaust portal had been filled with hickory nuts. I think I have them all out of there but am wondering if they managed to get them into some other pump openings and if they will cause damage when the pump is started? Cute little #$%^&'s!

Haynes Forest Products
02-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Put a shop vac on the discharge and turn slow back and forth just maybe 3" on the pully

maple flats
02-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Today while running laterals I chased an opposum up a scrub apple tree. It faced the other way while i worked for maybe 15 minutes but was watching me the whole time.

KenWP
02-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Let's see. I have had mice fill the back door of a Blazer full of weed seeds so that you could not roll the window down. Had a brand new Kubota tractor have two cylinders filled up with seeds and had a old dodge truck that would not turn over to find out that the whole motor on top was full of wheat. Insurance paid for the Kubota to get fixed at least.
I also had mice build a nest on the battle ship on my Blazer when I had it parked for a couple of weeks so that the engine caught on fire. I checked under the hood and cleaned several nest out after that. With the hog barns mice and the plastic walls seem to go hand in hand also.

davey
02-07-2009, 08:09 PM
i give up, which part of the blazer is the battle ship?

KenWP
02-07-2009, 10:21 PM
The battle ship on a motor is the v shapped top of the motor.