PDA

View Full Version : Bulk Syrup

The Maple Men
02-02-2009, 05:34 PM
If i put my syrup in the blue 5 gallon contaniers and sell bulk do i get the contanier back? and if i wanted to sell some from my second or third run do people buy bulk that early in the season.( need to get cash flow in the right direction so i can buy contaniers. they are last on the list and it looks as thought money will run out before they get bought.)

Thank You

Adam

DaveB
02-02-2009, 05:49 PM
If you're selling to Bascom's, they will have spare containers that you can take. It's not your exact container, but the same type only cleaned and ready to go. Let's say you bring two blue containers, you'll leave with two empty blue containers, just not the ones that you can in with, unless they have time to empty them. I've been lucky with drums some time but not sure about 5 gallon containers.

I can't speak for other places, but that is how it works there.

Dave

Russell Lampron
02-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Bascom's will buy bulk syrup anytime and you aren't too far away from there. If you want them to they will empty your containers and give them back to you. I just do the swap thing.

802maple
02-03-2009, 05:34 AM
We at Maple Grove in Vermont will take your syrup anytime and will empty them right then for you if you call ahead

GGervais
02-03-2009, 07:40 AM
Is the Maple Groves price still at $4 per pound? Is it going to drop soon?

802maple
02-03-2009, 08:17 AM
The Maple Grove payment is still based on 4 a lb, They keep telling me 2 more weeks and it will go down, but as of yet it hasn't dropped. There is more syrup in the plant than I have ever seen at this time of year. The federation in Quebec has set the price at 2.75, so it won't last much longer is my belief. I have been told that it will start in that area and depending on the season, it will be adjusted from there either up or down.