PDA

View Full Version : bucket washer

parsissn
01-31-2009, 05:13 PM
Does anyone have a design for a bucket washer? I'm a small hobby producer (less than 100 taps) but I really really hate washing buckets - ugh. I can't justify the cost of a commercial washer, but I'm always willing to build something that gets the job done. So lets hear your ideas and some photos / sketches would be great too!

Mark

Haynes Forest Products
01-31-2009, 05:53 PM
Get a brush from a chimney sweep store and use a cordless drill.

Sugarmaker
01-31-2009, 06:06 PM
parsissn
Might be some pictures on our site not sure??. We used a double bowl milk house sink, added a bulk tank agitator motor and a leader brush attached. Turns slow but has plenty of torque to wash them and doesn't get you soaked. Mine is currently not for sale but might be in the near future as I have moved away from the buckets.

Chris

Big_Eddy
02-04-2009, 01:05 PM
I for one can tell you that a bucket brush on a drill is not the best solution- unless your drill has a very slow speed. My drill turns too fast and even with variable speed - I end up soaked. I'd much prefer a brush mounted on a platform. Would love to see pictures of home grown solutions.

I will admit that neoprene gloves are the VERY BEST for this job. They are warm when wet and stick to the buckets. Way better than soggy wool or big old rubber gloves. Kids love them for snowball fights too.

Mac_Muz
02-04-2009, 01:59 PM
I have a wife and she gets soaked. Just send her out the door on to the ice cake with the buckets, hose and a rag. Yup she gets soakin wet.