PDA

View Full Version : Leaking pans?

Sugar Sue
01-31-2009, 11:01 AM
I tried running water through my pans and I was sure they were leaking.(I guess it could have been a little snow in my arch...I don't remember?) I brought my pans into the house and they are holding water just fine. No leaks. Could the application of heat expand the pans and make them leak???

parsissn
01-31-2009, 11:43 AM
It could, or maybe the cold outside caused some condensation on the pans and it dripped off? That happens quite a bit on the steam engines and it sure looks like you have a boiler leak but it's just the temp difference. Try filling the pans with very hot tap water and see what happens. If they still aren't leaking put it back on the arch and see what happens. Let them get to full temp on the arch (boiling water) and then check for leaks.

Mark

OGDENS SUGAR BUSH
01-31-2009, 01:15 PM
SUE if they are seeping when you start boiling they will sugar over and seal themselves

RICH

Haynes Forest Products
01-31-2009, 02:05 PM
Tig or solder...............alot of solder joints can fool you so as Parisissn said heat it up and give a look. after it cools down look into the arch for the little stains or areas that look like water was dripping. Tig welds dont open up and leak very often so look only in the welded joint areas.

Sugarmaker
01-31-2009, 06:35 PM
No leaks and holding water LIFE is good!!!
Get SAP!

Chris