PDA

View Full Version : Who was your biggest influence?

mapleman3
09-22-2004, 08:59 PM
I guess I have to say My Grandmother, as I grew up she ALWAYS had pure VT maple syrup for me, I had it on everything, and she would send some home in a bottle for me. When I started sugarin, I would always make sure she had first taste, I'd bottle a little up and bring it to her, She was born in Montgomery VT and her Dad always had a sugarhouse up there. She passed away a few years back,If she could see how I'm doing now with it, I think she would be proud :D

ok thats my dedication ... anyone else? who really influenced you or got you started, gave you the idea?

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
09-28-2004, 07:12 AM
post edited

forester1
09-28-2004, 08:40 AM
I bought some cutover land in 1978. I played poker with this guy and was describing this land I just bought. He asked if it had any sugar maple. I said yes. He said you could have a sugarbush. I said what's that? I grew up where there was only oaks. Anyway later after he explained I bought the maple sugar book by Helen and Scott Nearing and then went out and got 25 taps and a flat pan and used plastic restaurant buckets. That was enough to hook me.