PDA

View Full Version : YALL COME

syrupmaker
03-30-2003, 04:10 PM
JUST HAD SOME STEAM ON THE BRAIN AND WONDERED IF ANYBODY WOULD BE INTERESTED IN HAVEING A SUMMER GATHERING OF FAMILY,PICTURES AND SOME FUN TALKING ABOUT SUGARING IN GENERAL.I'D SPONSOR THE ANNUAL EVENT,I HAVE A 65 ACRE PIECE WITH A PICNIC GROVE CARVED OUT IN IT WITH PLENTY OF SHADY ROOM FOR CAMPERS UP TO 24'(PRIMITIVE CAMPING) AND LOTS MORE ROOM FOR TENTS. POND FOR THE KIDS TO FISH AT,CREEK FOR THE KIDS TO SPLASH AND PLAY IN,HORSESHOES FOR THE BIGGER KIDS AND WHAT ELSE A CAMPFIRE. AND ALL WITHIN 5 HRS FROM LOWER VERMONT OR UPPER WEST VIRGINA. SORRY OHIO AND INDIANAPOLIS ITS A LITTLE FARTHER.LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK.

Rick

mapleman3
03-30-2003, 04:31 PM
that sounds like a great Idea.. lets figure out a date!! we are camping people here!!
Jim

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
03-30-2003, 04:44 PM
Rick,

This sounds like a great plan. I was thinking the past few days that I would love to drive up sometime and meet a bunch of you(guys). I may not be able to this year because I have a son that is 7+ months old and we are taking a weeks vacation the last week of next month. I will wait and see what happens with everyone else and if the plan goes through, I may drive up for a day or two on the weekend! I am in Beckley, WV and that is 9 to 10 hours so it is a little far!

Great plan!

Brandon

backyardsugarer
03-31-2003, 06:36 AM
I am in, I live in Rochester so just say when.

Chris

DougM
04-02-2003, 09:12 AM
Rick,
This sounds like it could be fun. It's not that far from Indy, you never know, we just might make it. Set a date.
Doug

syrupmaker
04-05-2003, 09:40 AM
JUST WONDERED IF IT IS BETTER TO SET IT UP FOR A HOLIDAY WEEKEND?....... MEMORIAL,4TH,LABOR DAY(3 DAY DEAL) OR JUST ANY WEEKEND AND MAYBE DO IT 2X'S DURING THE SUMMER. LET ME KNOW WHAT EVERYBODY THINKS.

Rick

Sugarbear
04-22-2003, 09:11 PM
I would like to come.I can get to Buffalo in less than five hours.I usually attend Farm Days in Seneca Falls so I have traveled thru there alot.

syrupmaker
05-09-2003, 11:22 PM
Hey, don't want ya's thinkin i was just blowin steam at ya. just wanted to leave an update on the gathering. no date set yet, just waiting around for the new addition to the family.(NO NOT A NEW EVAPORATOR , DARN IT :( ) but after things settle down i'm gonna try and shoot for the last weekend in july and/or a weekend in august. new baby's love to camp, well at least the other three did. back to you soon!

syrupmaker
06-23-2003, 12:43 PM
:D OK LETS GET THIS PARTY THING PLANNED :D
THE NEW ADDITION IS HERE SO LETS GET TOGETHER AND HAVE SOME FUN. THE NEW SAP COLLECTOR WAS BORN SATURDAY JUNE 14TH, AT 11:36PM , SEAN MICHAEL, 8LBS 5OZ, 20.25 INCHES. WHAT A FATHERS DAY PRESENT HUH. OK ENOUGH WITH THAT.

THE DATES ARE AS FOLLOWS ..... JULY 25TH,26TH,27TH
AUGUST 22ND,23RD,24TH

CAMPERS UP TO 24' WELCOME (PRIMITIVE CAMPING)
BRING YOUR 3 OR 4 WHEELERS IF YOU WANT
BYO EATS AND BEVERAGE (GRILLS WILL BE PROVIDED)
CAMPFIRE , LIGHTED HORSESHOES ,CORNROAST,POND FISHING
PROFESSIONAL FIREWORKS SHOW 10:00 SATURDAY NIGHT
BOTH WEEKENDS :twisted:

HOPEFULLY YOU ALL CAN MAKE IT TO AT LEAST ONE OF THE WEEKENDS
RSVP WOULD BE APPRECIATED FOR CAMPING TRAILERS SO I HAVE AN IDEA OF HOW MANY FOR SETTING UP PARKING

FOR DIRECTIONS AND ANY QUESTIONS EMAIL ME AT SYRUPMAKR@AOL.COM ...... and for up to the minute weather call me on my cell 716-867-2866

HOPE TO SEE YA'S ALL THERE

RICK

syrupmaker
06-24-2003, 07:48 AM
The two oldest kids proof read my last post and i forgot to add that there is a creek with the waterfalls to splash in and catch critters.

allofus427
06-30-2003, 08:45 PM
Hope all is well :D :D

07-21-2003, 04:04 PM
Everything is looking good for this coming weekend,weather is supposed to be sunny and rain free so lets have some fun. I do have to change the date for the 2nd party.Instead of August22nd-23rd and 24th ,it will be the following weekend which is August 29th-30th-31st and September 1st LABOR DAY WEEKEND. HOPE IT WONT SCEW UP ANYBODY'S PLANS TO COME. 4 days of adventure OH BOY! THINK I CAN HANDLE IT THOUGH. fireworks will still be saturday night if Jim (mapleman3) helps again :twisted:

syrupmaker
07-21-2003, 04:08 PM
Darn log in doesn't work automatically on the work computor.Thought i best say that i did change the date for the 2nd party as posted previously by me as guest. :?

mapleman3
07-21-2003, 04:47 PM
arr arr arr more wires... I'm there!!!!
can I hand light too??? hehehe
Jim

07-21-2003, 05:27 PM
Deal if you can make it i can give you a lighting 101 class. 8)

mapleman3
07-21-2003, 05:37 PM
Schwingggg!!!! 8)

syrupmaker
08-02-2003, 01:29 PM
Just wanted to leave a note about the july party. Had around 60 people for the weekend, mostly family,and guys from work. Weather was great till sun. morning when we had a little rain that made the drive way greasy but we survived that. To the person that showed up in the white pickup sorry i missed you. I ran for the corn and when i got back they said you had stopped in stayed a few minutes and hauled on out. please feel free to stop back and visit at the end of this months party.

mapleman3
08-02-2003, 01:49 PM
I have to say if anyone here has the chance to go to the next party, please do, it is a great time, a chance to meet each other, rick puts on a great party. and he has a great family too, lets see how many of us can get up there!!!

Jim

syrupmaker
08-09-2003, 11:33 PM
I was thinking about clams and shrimp too anybody interested :P

08-21-2003, 07:45 AM
Rick How are the plans coming along??? any updates?
Jim

mapleman3
08-21-2003, 07:50 AM
Again sorry forgot to log in!!
Jim

syrupmaker
08-21-2003, 04:35 PM
Plans are going well,thanks for asking. fireworks are a go with more planned then expected,kids are planning a scavenger hunt for 3:00pm on saturday,and the clams are ordered.Now all we need is a great weekend with mother nature's cooperation and it should be a good time.Mapleman3 and i are hoping to meet some more :D of you members of the mapleTrader.com site.Hope to see

syrupmaker
09-02-2003, 12:29 AM
WhooooHoooo............ 8) Had 100+ people for Saturday night and what a time we had! Live entertainment before the fireworks started(Jim's daughter sang and my daughter played the flute to the star spangled banner) Weather was great till sunday morning with rain once again. Ate likes hogs,rode the wheelers(had to retreive a couple) kept all our body parts from the fireworks,and Jim and Charlene(Mr and Mrs Mapleman learned some new camp fire songs) HE HE HE :lol: It was great to spend more quality time with Jim and his family and had the oppurtunity to meet Mapleking from the other side of the valley. Now i just have to sneek over and check out his set up. Hope those that attended had fun and will be ready for next years event. Again a BIG THANKS to Joe and Jim for the help with setting and tearing down of the racks for the fireworks!!!!

themapleking
09-02-2003, 07:13 PM
For all those who missed Ricks party shame on you. I had a great time. And when Rick says fireworks he means it. A top notch show by the pros. Caution don't ride 4 wheelers with Jim "mapleman" you might get shot at. 8O :lol: You all should make plans for next year. It's worth it.

mapleman3
09-02-2003, 07:47 PM
Ok... First... I didn't know the guy would shoot after we passed him on the quads 8O :lol: , Second... I second Joes remark on everyone missing a great party. My family and I got to stay the whole weekend, as I said in the past Rick sure knows how to throw a party, great food great folks to be with, and again awesome fireworks,and yes campfire fun...Joe will vouch for that. We were glad Joe showed up, Super nice guy !! He and I helped Rick with the fireworks and I got to be only yards from the tubes as they were lit off WOW what a kick that was!!!
I was fortunate to see both Ricks and Joes Maple setups. I learned alot from both, and each have awesome sites. Rick showed me alot about tubing as did Joe, Rick is lucky to have all the sap run straight to his shack!!with the room to expand the tap count , and he has a big flatpan setup(shh he's secretly looking for a new one) Joe has got Class A operation with an awesome rig!! and a heck of alot of woods full of maples, with some mainlines running over creeks that I would call mini gorges... the mainlines are in the air about 30 ft over them.. too cool!!! also those guys are very generous each setting me up with care packages to take to Ma. you guys are great!!! can't wait to start running my mainlines now!!!
Joe it was great meeting you... next time you follow me on the 4 wheeler... DUCK
Rick...next year hopefully our NEW ones won't need to be retrieved :wink:

I will post pics on the sugarhouse pics page at
www.desjardinsmaple.com
I'll have them up there as soon as possible

Jim and the Family
hee haww :lol: :wink:

syrupmaker
09-03-2003, 12:35 AM
AAAWWWWWW....... gee guys thanks for the comments. :D Just glad you all had a good time. I'll definately be doing it again next year so stick around trader for upcoming dates.
Rick

p.s. what's taking so long for the pictures Jim? :wink:

mapleman3
09-03-2003, 05:06 AM
I'll get them posted tonight for sure... ran out of time :(
Jim

syrupmaker
09-03-2003, 05:47 AM
:P just kidding with ya, pictures are like syrup, it takes time.

mapleman3
09-03-2003, 06:30 PM
Ok They are up and posted

www.desjardinsmaple.com

look under sugarhouse pics

syrupmaker
09-03-2003, 07:12 PM
Way to go you computor geek.Nice job on the pics! :wink:

mapleman3
09-03-2003, 07:16 PM
Glad you liked them Bud! To bad my Camcorder ran out during the fireworks, I didn't get much of it, would have loved to put that on also!!

Next time huh! :lol:
Jim

syrupmaker
09-03-2003, 10:37 PM
who'd a thought of plugging in to the power grid to charge it ? OOOPS :oops:

syrupmaker
03-07-2004, 06:53 PM
Hey would it be tooooo early to start thinking about after sap season.Time sure flies by and camping season will be here before you know it. Thought i would start makeing and mentioning plans for the second annual,several times a year get together. Hope to meet some new faces and see some of the same from last year. Be sure to check the Trader even after the season to keep up to date for the event.

Rick

mapleman3
03-08-2004, 07:11 AM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWWWW Party time! :D

syrupmaker
04-02-2004, 01:14 PM
A LITTLE BRAIN STORM IS RUNNING THROUGH MY HEAD!

Seeing as how i am so far away from everybody on the east coast,i was wondering if there was anybody over towards MA,VT,CT,ME,NH that had room for a gathering of the trader crew.If we could get something centrally located for everybody, i bet it could be a good time for all.Glanceing at the map Belchertown looks like a nice area :wink: or maybe even southern NH. (Could be a buisiness write off for some mapleguys) :wink: :wink: we can all save our receits for ya!

Same would apply to anyone over towards OH,MICH,IN,WISC.

If anybody would be interested leave a post and we'll see what we can make happen later during the summer months.

Rick

mapleman3
04-02-2004, 01:32 PM
or if someone knows of a good campground that could handle a bunch of us sappin rednecks makin a bit of noise!!! figure campers and tents, hamocks or just a blue tarp ;) hehe... it's a great time , a fun way to meet everyone, have a few, eat a bunch and have some laughs.
I wish my place was bigger I'd say ... Hell Yeah!!!

michaelh05478
04-03-2004, 06:11 AM
I have 2 camp grounds here,the lake carmi state park camp ground and a private camp ground not far from me.!! I also have 40 acres at my sugar house with plenty of room for campers, and the lake is about a mile with a swimming area!!! And Jim!!!!! The maple cream pies you love are just down the road!!! :lol: .......

mapleman3
04-03-2004, 06:36 AM
Hmmmm I know my arm can be twisted to go to your place for sure...!!!!

syrupmaker
04-03-2004, 05:19 PM
Jim has mentioned the cream pies before.Might have to take a ride for a sample.hhmmmmmm.

mapleman3
04-03-2004, 06:03 PM
oh soooooo good!!!!

Al
04-04-2004, 07:16 AM
Another nice thing is Leader,D&G, Waterloo&Small aren't that far away if you could get over during the week. Of course for Jim & Rick that means better bring an extra trailor. :lol: Pumpkin Village also has room. We also have a empty sleeper sofa downstairs for people without campers. I'm about 20 minutes from Mike's sugarhouse/Lake Carmi. If you decide to come over and stay at the lake make your reservations ahead of time. It gets packed. I have plenty of extension cords and 2 1/2 baths. Can't promise fireworks unless it's who's got the best sea stories. :lol:
Those maple pies are good. :D

07-30-2004, 12:04 PM
LETS GET TOGETHER FOR A PARTY IN THE WOODS IN BEUTIFUL EDEN, NEW YORK.

I'VE SET THE DATES FOR SEPT. 3RD,4TH,5TH,AND6TH. :D

BRING YOUR TENT, ROUGH IT IN YOUR VEHICLE OR

BYO EATS AND BEVERAGES (GRILLS WILL BE PROVIDED)
CAMPFIRE,LIGHTED HORSESHOES,CORN ROAST,POND FOR FISHING(CATCH AND RELEASE PLEASE) , CREEK WITH A FALLS FOR SPLASHING AND CATCHIN CRITTERS. FIREWORKS SHOW 9:30 PM ON SUNDAY THE 5TH. :twisted:

BRING YOUR 3 OR 4WHEELERS , DIRT BIKE (HELMETS PLEASE) :idea:

RSVP FOR CAMPERS SO I HAVE AN IDEA OF HOW MANY FOR PARKING

FOR DIRECTIONS OR ANY QUESTIONS E-MAIL ME AT SYRUPMAKR@AOL.COM OR RING MY CELL AT 716-867-2866

MORE THE MERRIER, SO PACK YOUR FREINDS AND NEIGHBORES TOO !!!!

RICK,ROSE AND FAMILY

syrupmaker
07-30-2004, 12:11 PM
New computor did not log me on automaticly. It's party time in Eden,NY so chk out the previous post by guest. :oops: That was me!!!!

mapleman3
07-30-2004, 02:17 PM
Count the mapleman clan in... WERE THERE!!!! Told the boss and marked it on the calender.. now to figure out how to get the atv there on the van or top of the popup!!!

ok it the cousins atv but it'll do if I can get it there

themapleking
07-30-2004, 07:33 PM
Count me in too. But please keep Jim off the ATVS' I'm still having nightmares over the last ride with him. 8O 8O

mapleman3
07-30-2004, 08:00 PM
Joe Like I said... How did I know that guy would shoot at us 8O 8O 8O :wink:

mapleman3
09-04-2004, 09:42 AM
OK so we are here in the woods ....Party has started... Fireworks ( yep the real ones) are tonight... anyone in the central NY area or beyond give us a call we'll give ya directions... My Cell is 413-246-2813, partying till Monday.. Camping etc. JOE... Dropflue.... come on down .. thank god for wireless internet!!!!

mapleman3
09-06-2004, 08:41 PM
All I can say after this Ya'll come of Ricks is YEE HAWW, more details once Rick and Joe add in.. that is if Joe isn't still sore at us :wink: :wink: :lol:

syrupmaker
09-07-2004, 04:15 PM
Another weekend of great weather for a get together. Around 115 people in attendance. Not a single drop of rain and nuttin but sun and warmth for us to ride the new toys. I had picked up two 49cc dirt bikes for the kids to ride all weekend and ride they did.Almost 3 tanks of fuel through them!! Even the one Jim had to pick up cause he thought they were so cool. The adults even had a blast on them,well most adults, mapleking wasn't sure if he liked them or not. We(Joe, Jim and myself) had to take them for a ride down the creek to the gas line and give them a good run to see if they were built for kids or not. As it turns out they are built pretty tough. Few bent shifters and levers but that wasn't the bikes fault. Funnier yet was watchin Jim figure out how to stap it to his trailer to get it back home. As usual lots of food and frolic,even a movie with theater style sound and seating provided by Jim and family. Tons of compliments about the fireworks and an awsome time with about 15 people all geared up for paintball. Huge bruise on my arm for a reminder of the fun. Joe and Jim were a huge help with clean up of the fireworks show again which was much appreciated. Hope to be able to continue the fun for another few decades. It was great to see Joe and Jim with the family again.

Rick

themapleking
09-07-2004, 05:41 PM
SORE !! only my legs from being stuffed on that **** dirt bike, and fallen down in the creek, and hitting the trees , and running into Rick. 200+ lbs on a 40 lb dirt bike is sore on the body. I was walking funny
All be warned Rick & Jim will have a blast trying to kill Joe and anyone else :lol:
I was on my way back Jim, when I guy from Pa. stopped and wanted some syrup and we got talking.
The rest off you traders should come over to Rick's party. Great firework show again you all missed. You WILL have fun. If nothing else I need some protection from those two clowns. :wink:
O-ya watch out where you get shot ( or who shoots you ) with the paint ball guns 8O
I got a year too rest up :lol: Till we do it again.

mapleman3
09-07-2004, 07:32 PM
Yep, a great time it was, As usual Rick out does himself each time, the generosity of he and his family is unbelievable, so many nice folks together for a long weekend of stress free fun and company!!! Rick puts on such a good show with the fireworks!!, the Groceries they put out .. **** Good !!! and when he brought out the mini dirt bikes.... well I had to get one too!!! they were a blast, Pepboys is where we got them... and oh yeah, I get into the woods for the first round of paintball I sneak down the path and wammo, Rick gets me with a shot in the side with no protection... yowwwwww. but anyway I still cant thank Rick and his family enough for their hospitality... and Rick , looking forward to the next trip, and tell Rooster to give me a buzz.. anytime he wants to come down is great with us!!
Joe, it was great to see you again, had a blast, Tessa and I enjoyed checking out the new improvements to your sugarhouse, you have a class A operation, no problem about you unable to make it back... But we missed the chance to say goodbye!!

Rick, start planning on next years way to get Joe again...hehehe :wink: :wink: :lol: just kidding Joe!!

syrupmaker
09-08-2004, 10:23 AM
Thats whats getting harder and harder to do. :? I started out hot and heavy for Joe but he is like a nasty dog. Just keeps coming back. :lol: HA HA HA Just kidding with ya Joe. :wink: But the wheels are a turning for next year already. :idea: Hopefully we can get some others from the trader to gather with us for the festive event's in the years to come. :P Hate to pick just at Jim and Joe, like to spread it around some. :twisted:

Rick

syrupmaker
09-08-2004, 10:27 AM
Besides ..... any body who drops off a whole gallon of Colden Golden syrup and a whole belly of fresh bacon is alright in my book. It just means that mapleman gets all the pickins next year. :P

mapleman3
09-08-2004, 03:07 PM
Ok Here is the Picture of the week

Jim(Mapleman3), Joe(Mapleking) and Rick(Syrupmaker)
The Bikers !

http://www.desjardinsmaple.com/The_Bikers.JPG

syrupmaker
09-08-2004, 07:52 PM
Thumbs up to you Jim!!!! great picture. WOW Joe looks small on that thing :P What can we come up with for next year. HHMMMMMMMM ?

09-09-2004, 08:47 PM
LARRY , CURLY , MOE , :oops:

syrupmaker
03-30-2005, 12:26 AM
SO......While some of us are winding down this years production and others are just gearing up to go,and everybody is still actively checking the trader continually,is it too early to start thinking about a couple YA'LL COME events?

I see the memberlist is continually growing and would like to extend the invitation to any and all new members. Read back on the old posts for info on this fun filled event. Stop in for the day if your close enough,or feel free to spend the weekend.

Rick

syrupmaker
05-11-2005, 01:18 AM
Date for the 1st event is June 11th and 12th 2005. Come on over and socialize for a spell, or spend the night. Labor day weekend will be the big blast event with the JUMBO year end fire works show. Hope to see some new faces this year.

Rick

Mike
05-23-2005, 01:31 PM
Rick, Me and the wife are thinking of making the trip. Are there any hotels near you? We dont have a camper yet but would like to come and meet you guys......thanks.....Mike

syrupmaker
05-23-2005, 08:44 PM
Mike....Holiday Inn, Red Roof and TallyHo-tel are 6 miles from the camp according to Mapquest. All those are located on camp road in Hamburg, NY which is Exit 57 when you get off the New York State Thruway. 15 minutes and you would be at the camp. Let me know if you need phone numbers or what for reservations or I could even set it up for you. It would be great to meet some others also if there thinking about the same idea.

Rick

syrupmaker
06-09-2005, 12:25 PM
Weather is looking good for the weekend with a chance of spotty thunder showers. But hey it's not camping if it doesn't rain a little.

BRING YOUR 3 OR 4 WHEELERS IF YOU WANT
BYO EATS AND BEVERAGE (GRILLS WILL BE PROVIDED)
CAMPFIRE , LIGHTED HORSESHOES ,CORNROAST,POND FISHING

HOPEFULLY YOU ALL CAN MAKE IT TO AT LEAST ONE OF THE WEEKENDS
RSVP WOULD BE APPRECIATED FOR CAMPING TRAILERS SO I HAVE AN IDEA OF HOW MANY FOR SETTING UP PARKING

FOR DIRECTIONS AND ANY QUESTIONS EMAIL ME AT SYRUPMAKR@AOL.COM ...... and for up to the minute weather call me on my cell 716-867-2866

HOPE TO SEE YA'S ALL THERE

RICK

syrupmaker
06-10-2005, 10:08 AM
OK so mother nature is throwing her weight around again. :lol: The weather man was wrong! :roll: (What else is new?) we are under a flash flood watch 8O until Saturday morning. Don't get nervous yet though.If any one is planning on stopping by give me a call 1st. 716-867-2866 Checked farm road conditions earlier today and it was greasy. If we get more rain we can hold the function at my house 8) which is only 4 miles down the road. Keep ya's posted

Rick

syrupmaker
06-16-2005, 11:08 PM
Sorry, I'm a little late with the update. Had another good Saturday,like Joe said oinked all day on groceries and beer :wink: Joe thanks again for helping with the transporting and shooting :!: Late Sunday morning we had a quick shot off rain. Only 2.3" in an hour 8O By the time I hooked to the camper and headed for the main road there was 1.5 '' of water headed towards camp down the farm road. Sun poked out by 11:00 so we went back to camp and played a bunch of games of paintball. Went through tons of paint and CO2. Then pigged out some more. Even ended up with a left over 1/2 keg of BLUE from a wedding the night before.

Hope that the weather is awsome and looking forward to the Labor day weekend bash.Always a good time when the group gets together. :wink:

Rick

syrupmaker
06-24-2005, 01:55 AM
LABOR DAY WEEKEND, down this way for anyone interested,always a good time. Wether you camp or hotel it, (it's not that far) It will be worth it. Let me know and we can arange a weeks worth of camping if nessacary(we need a spell check on this site) This weekend is always the GHALLA event of the season, for fireworks (Mapleman3 will be there) alla :wink:

Keep it in mind (oh and YES, JIM, I'll let you lite) Joe beat ya he he he he

Rick

syrupmaker
08-12-2005, 01:31 PM
WOW 8O 3 weeks till party time! Corn and clams are ordered and the fireworks are in the mag. Thinking of trying a choreographed song with multiple shots, :roll: Should be interesting. For anyone planning on camping, the family and i will be back there starting Thursday night. Feel free to come early and make a long weekend of it. :wink:

Still have the wheels turning on what or how we're going to torture Jim this year. Joe had his lumps last year he he he. Maybe we can put Jim out in the woods and hunt him down with a couple games of paint ball. If anyone wants to play bring your gear or we have some extra that can be borrowed. Any questions leave me a PM, e-mail to SYRUPMAKR@AOL.COM or give me a call on my cell (716) 867-2866 or home (716) 992-9426

Rick

mapleman3
08-12-2005, 02:41 PM
Hmmm, I may have to do some running this year eh?
We are trying also for Thurs Evening, bringing the 2 bikes wish I could find a low priced dirt bike for me... although there is one down the road hmmmmm. I'll bring my "fire stuff"

syrupmaker
08-13-2005, 01:21 AM
Jim, if you bring the bikes, camper and family you won't have room for fireing stuff ! I can supply you with the hard hat, coat, eye protection and ear plugs. Joe on the other hand , he needs to bring beer so i best supply his stuff also. :lol: That guy from Pumpkin Village, oh Al yea that's right, Rick (dropflue), Chuck (sugarin42long), Jim (Father and Son),Chris (Backyardsugarer), Brandon (Westvirginamapler)hint hint :wink: They needs to make the event before i have to break him into the show ! Guaranteed to be fun no matter what the weather ! Eats and treats for big and little folks so stop on by.

Rick

themapleking
08-13-2005, 07:09 AM
I can bring beer, bacon, syrup, maple fudge, lollipops and some other supprises.
I might be in Montana that week hunting Grizzly bears. It'll be safer than playing with you guys :lol:

mapleman3
08-13-2005, 08:01 AM
What? we're safe Joe! you have survived so far(Barely) We should have a great time again.We look forward every year now to this End of Summer Shindig!! sure wish we could get more traders there!! COME ON TO THE YA"LL COME FOR A HOOTIN HOLLARIN F..N GOOD TIME

syrupmaker
08-13-2005, 09:31 AM
I hear it gets cold hunting bare. You better stay home and keep warm.
Be sure to take your gun. :oops: Not like when we go to the Adirondacks hunting and i leave my gun at home. The good news is that fishing from the cooler your guaranteed a catch. :wink:

Rick

mapleman3
08-13-2005, 10:46 AM
thats the other trip I'll be looking forward to! the "HUNTING TRIP" just make sure your wife doesn't pack your underware in your gun case again 8O maybe you won't run out of them this year

syrupmaker
08-29-2005, 09:33 AM
T- 4 days and counting. Picked up the trailer and racks for the fireworks,mowed round the pond and along the farm road,Just have to get Johny farmer to chop off some corn so there is room to set up racks. Should be in good shape for the weekend. Accuweather is showing sunny and no rain all weekend with the temps running in the mid 70's during the day and low to mid 50's at night. Not a problem, at night we can put cousin Davey in charge of the fire and no body will be cold.

Hope to see YALL THERE
Rick

mapleman3
08-29-2005, 01:39 PM
The family and I are wondering what new contraption cousin Davey will bring this year!!!

Oh and I should be bringing full paintball gear!! if I can borrow from a friend. just will have to go in on ammo with you

mapleman3
08-31-2005, 09:11 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: Well I think most of us have been served a great deal of bad news lately with gas prices.... we have hit over $3 here in the springfield area of Ma. which leads me to cancel our trip to the yall come this year :cry: at 800 miles round trip pulling a camper/NY tolls with a camper and putting the dog in the kennel has forced us to cancel. 2 years in a row we have gone , and we sure will miss everyone there, Rick and his family are wonderful hosts, hopefully the party will go on without a hitch(good weather and lots of fun). Thank you Rick for the invitation and have one for me Friday night... aw hell have a bunch for me!!!

syrupmaker
09-02-2005, 03:44 AM
JIMMER :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Man it won't be the same without you and the family there! No outdoor movie theater this year? DANG Hopefully we can get together later on in the year or early spring for a road trip to a seminar again. And i was looking so forward to given you a couple wacks with some paint balls again this year.

Rick

syrupmaker
09-02-2005, 02:04 PM
HOLD EVERYTHING FOLKS ! ! ! ! ! ! Jim(mapleman) and family are back in. It took some serious fast talking but he whiped around faster than he make syrup from sap. Plenty of room so don't be shy, stop on by !

Rick

mapleman3
09-02-2005, 03:07 PM
Theres no stoppin Rick when it comes to an invitation!! :lol: with the multitude of phone calls to me thru the day he convincd me to bite the bullet and come... so we are scrambling packing up and heading out in a few hours... I'll tell ya, it's the one event each year that we don't want to miss, it would have devistated us not to be there....!!! SE YA'LL THERE!!

themapleking
09-02-2005, 04:26 PM
Don't worry my friend we'll get you some gas money. Up to $3.49 gal today. They ran out while I was pumping :evil: I got 1.8 gal in the Harley :cry:

mapleman3
09-02-2005, 05:12 PM
Gas money not needed, just rearanged some of the things I'll be doing, future. looking forward to nailing ya'll with the paint gun!!! woohoo I better get on the road!! See ya soon, Joe bring the Harley, I'll take her for a spin :wink: My bike is apart for paint and chrome work right now.... oh hey check out the new site I'm doing for my motorcycle assoc.

www.smoothshiftriders.org

mapleman3
09-05-2005, 09:29 PM
Well just got in not too long ago from the 6+ hour drive in back from Ricks Ya'll come.. Whoo what a weekend, Glad we didn't miss it. So much to tell but I'll let Rick tell when he can, and I'll add later.

it was nice to see everyone again, Rick, Joe Mapleking, Rick Dropflue made it in Sat nite for the fireworks, good to see him again and a surprise was Father&Son from PA.(Jim, his son Chase and Jim's wife Terri). real nice meeting them. we broke them in like we did Joe a few years back.. more story to come.... Jim I hope the leg heals ok!! 8O :wink:

Thanks again Rick for an awesome weekend... I'll be wearing my fireworks shirt to work tomorrow to show it off :wink: and the groceries... I'll be working off for a month to get back down to the correct notch on my belt!! Yummm!!

And Thanks again Joe!! He sent me home with 39 galv buckets and lids for the holy crap price of FREE!!! Thanks a bunch, they will be put to good use for sure!!

syrupmaker
09-06-2005, 11:12 AM
OMG what an AWSOME weekend ! Perfect weather, lots of people. Great to see Jim and his family,(took some coaxing but it was well worth my effort), Rick (Dropflue) sorry I missed more time with you, the fireworks took longer than expected. Joe (Mapleking) Thanks for all the help !

So Jim(mapleman) finally got his chance to hand light some of our stuff, and from the look on his face and other things, (BONG) I think he liked it ! ! ! ! ! Between the setting up the show and getting the music laid down with the cues, the show started about an hour later than planned. But I think those that were there thought it was worth the wait.

We also got the chance to meet Jim,Chase and Terri (Father and Son) from PA. From the sounds of there future plans, it wont be to long before that maple bug bites hard. Seems like everytime some new people show up, things happen when we go for a ride to explore the trails, creek and falls. We had a nice ride going, (through the trails and creek) up to the falls, climed the face of the falls, heading back down the creek to camp. Jim looks behind and YELLS to me. I look behind to see Jim and Chase in the water with there 4-wheeler trying this cool looking role manuver (like a jet fighter) upside down in the creek. When it stopped all you saw was 4 tires perched in the air. Lucky for them they had time to bail as it started to go. Now in PA Jim's defense i'll have to take the blame for bringing them acrossed the shale faced ledge like that without warning him of the potential slide factor. Hope the bumped leg is ok ! I went back to see if i could find PA Jims camouflage glasses, but with the kids walking through the creek they kept the water stirred enough to keep it cloudy and unable to see the bottom of the hole.

So as i am writing this, I begin to see a pattern to the problems we have on these rides.
(Mapleman has been around for all of them) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Plans are in for the Addirondack hunting/fishing trip if anyone is interested in meeting up there with us? Al? October 20th - 23rd Stillwater,NY (Herkimer county)

Thanks again to everyone that came and i hope you had a good time :!:

Rick & Rose

themapleking
09-06-2005, 06:58 PM
Summer is gone and so is another huge ya"ll come party. Unlike some new traders I made out only with paint ball wounds 8)

I think your right Rick it's that Jim from Belchertown who's unsafe to ride with. You get shot at, fall down in the rapids with the bike, or make a 700lb 4-wheeler look like a turtel on it's back. :P

ONE-HELL of a firework show. Bigger is better. Tons of food I've been on the crapper 10x's a day 8O I'm back into my pants again :wink:

Gonna have to make more parking room for next years bash :idea:

Jim showed my how to make maple peanuts (simple) One more thing I can sell.

Till we meet again by YA"LL

Father & Son
09-06-2005, 07:51 PM
NEWBIES BEWARE :!:
You could be the next on the list of victims! I should have read last year's posts a little closer and maybe I would have survived this years YA'LL COME Party. I hobbled around the garage tonight after work tearing the 4-wheeler apart to see what was wrong in the headlight pod. When I loaded it into the truck Sunday, the light in the speedometer wouldn't go out so I disconnected the battery before we left for home. I emptied half a pint of water and a couple of tadpoles out it, dried it for awhile, and voila it works. All I need to do now is either find or make a new lens for it and it will be just like new. :D

Joe, I understand how you feel now after last year when they picked on you. 8O Look at it this way-you are now off the hook. I'll have to carry the bullseye on my back until next year when another "RIDE WITH RICK AND JIM" goes bad :wink:

Anyway, thank you Rick for the invitation. You and your family were wonderful.

Jim, thanks for the peanut and candy demonstration. Yesterday when I was at work Chase made a batch of candy and when I got home I tried my hand at the peanuts. They both turned out great and today I took some to work and it was a big hit :!:

We had a great time meeting everyone and can't wait till next year. :!:

Thanks again :D

Jim, Terri, & Chase

mapleman3
09-06-2005, 09:07 PM
Hmmm, maybe everyone would have been safer if I had stayed home :wink: ....nawww remember it is Ricks party, maybe he's the bad luck hehehe ... Jim and Joe, Glad you enjoyed the candy demonstrations, I didn't know I would be doing them, but my sweet tooth sure did enjoy it :lol: I'm still hoping to get a bigger bike to ride up there next year, my butt doesn't fit very good on the kids dirtbikes... but it sure is fun!! Hopefully more traders can make it next year.. or maybe like Rick said come to the adirondacks for some cool weather camping, we don't do much but stand around the fire ... talk a bunch and of course eat alot and toss a few back!! but it's a great relaxing weekend..Oh I mean hunting trip :wink: Hope to see ya'll there... Al?? Al? Al?? anyone AL???

The wives do enjoy the ya'll come as much as we do too... lots of good friends made and also the kids are never bored there!!

syrupmaker
09-06-2005, 11:33 PM
Well I'm glad everybody enjoyed themselves, THAT'S what it's all about !

Forgot to mention that Friday night we had karaoke, (singing lessons might be an option next year) and Santa Clause showed up Sunday night looking for Rudolph and Dasher that split from the North Pole.(No I was not drunk) He passed out glow stick necklaces to everyone, then snagged a soda pop from my cooler and continued on his way searching for his reighndeer.

Newbies, no need to be scared about showing up, the real secret is to stay at camp with my wife and kids. Momma won't let anything happen there. Trust me I know. :lol: :wink:

The Adirondack trip would be a good spot to meet up with some of the other northern maplers. Even if ya drive up,down or over for the day.Like Jim said your chances of finding us in camp are pretty good.

Wonder if Mapleman caught any of the weekend on camera ? Have to see what pics if any get posted :?

Rick

Al
09-07-2005, 05:35 AM
Staying at home this year. Safer that way! :D With so much BS flying around it was dangerous. Have a job interview coming up for a part time job. Mom needs some new threads and the boys need shoes. Dad needs a new tank and a career.
Of course if it dosen't work out I'l be there.
Take care,

syrupmaker
09-07-2005, 09:54 AM
Al, you did say it was a part time job. Part of the time you work, the rest you'll need something to do till spring. :roll: Spend a weekend at camp with us. 8O

Rick

Dropflue
09-07-2005, 12:09 PM
Awesome fireworks Rick, A 1st class show all the way!! It looked like alot work setting up, but results were worth it. What a great site for camping and the party! I wish I could have stayed longer, but the boy was passed out in the truck. It was good to see Joe (MapleKing) & Jim (mapleman3). I also got to meet Jim's family. Looking forward to next years event!

Rick (Dropflue)

syrupmaker
09-08-2005, 07:26 AM
Thanks Dropflue, Glad you enjoyed yourself. Next year I'll be scaleing back the fireworks (just a touch) so that i can spend more time with those that come to visit. Alot of work for a 15 minute show this year.

Rick

syrupmaker
03-29-2006, 12:36 PM
HEAR YEE, HEAR YEE, HEAR YEE-- LET IT BE KNOWN THAT THE OFFICIAL DATES ARE AS FOLLOWS FOR THE YALL COME WEEKENDS !

JUNE 9TH - 11TH EDEN, NY THE SAME LOCATION AS LABOR DAY
WEEKEND LAST YEAR

JULY 21ST - 23RD THUNDER IN THE VALLEY !
LITTLE VALLEY, NEW YORK

SEPTEMBER 1ST - 4TH YA'LL COME YEAR END GRAND EVENT

READ BACK ON SOME OF THE OLD POSTS FOR MORE DETAILS

mapleman3
03-29-2006, 02:33 PM
8) Sweet... Labor Day ... Here we come!!! and you can count on that!!

maplegate
05-24-2006, 10:24 AM
Hey Rick, I dont hear or see much about the big camp out in a couple weeks. Is it still on?? We wont make the June camp out but be sure and have a couple beers for me. Be sure and post all info about the Sept one, early with weather updates, I think thats when we will make it back east. I promised we will be there for a beer and camp fire, gotta keep my promise.
I hear its real cold including frost back there still!! We are getting 70-90 daily and nights are 40-60. Real nice change.
Pass on to the family I said hi and miss all. I will be thinking of ya'll in June and wishing I was there. I know I will have a minnie bondfire here and have lots of beer just like you guys. Maybe I will even check in with the group to say hi.

Peg
now in Western Idaho

syrupmaker
06-07-2006, 11:58 AM
Dang, gonna have to cancel this weekends yall come party in the big woods. National Fuel (gas company) has the driveway all dug up to replace the 14 and 24" gas lines running through the property right of way. Wife said we can still have it at our house if anyone is interested. Our son Sean is 3 on the 14th so we can have a galla B-day party for him as well.

Rick

syrupmaker
08-07-2006, 10:16 AM
HEER YEE HEER YEE The time has flown again on me this year and the YA'LL COME weekend is aproaching fast. September 1st - 4th, corn,clams,campfire treats,grills provided,BYO eats and beverages,

Read back on previous posts for more info or give me a call on my cell
716-867-2866

Rick and Rose

mapleman3
09-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Howdy eceryone, Rick and I just want to give all you traders a shout out from the Ya'll come, It's raining here today but tomorrows(Sunday night) fireworks show will be on !!! with HUGE displays this year, looking at a 1/2 hour show, come on down. come early in the day and spend the night too!! heck come tonight and shoot the S$#t by the fire. if you need directions call us at 413-246-2813(Jim) or716-867-2866(Rick)we are here untill Monday afternoon... COME ON DOWN

maplegate
09-02-2006, 08:51 PM
I sure do wish I was there with ya'll. Rick I hope to be back in WNY in the next week or 2. Have to have a fire over at Roys when I do get back. The Baby came early, like 9 1/2wks early. So I will be flying east on Wed to Canada, she was born in Nova Scotia 9/28, and hope to be in Eden the next week. I will call Roy when I get there or before. Hope to see ya'll at his house.
Sure wish I was there for the big party.
Please be sure and send my howdy from Idaho to all, and as always have a couple beers for me.
See ya all Real soon

peg

mapleman3
09-02-2006, 09:49 PM
Peg,Rick here I feel like you drank a whole case through you last night. Get a hold of Roy when your coming back to town so he can get the house ready for ya. Little rainy here at the ya'll come, still havin fun though.Getting ready for the next movie so gotta fly for now.See ya soon.

syrupmaker
03-04-2008, 08:58 AM
Wow, this year will be the 6th annual YA'LL COME WEEKEND, mark it on the calender August 29th - September 1st. 4 days of fun and maple B/S'n

HOPE TO SEE YA'S THERE
Rick

maplegate
03-10-2008, 08:55 AM
I have just marked that date on my calander. Well see if it can happen this year.

sure hope so

peg

syrupmaker
07-25-2008, 04:22 AM
That time of year again to send out the invite for YA'LL COME ! ! ! ! ! Friday to Monday Labor Day Weekend, fireworks show will be on Sunday night. Got some cool pyro ideas and a 10" shell that should rock the neighborhood and cover some sky. Hope to see old and new faces again this year.

Rick

mapleman3
08-30-2008, 08:17 PM
Sitting here watching a movie in the woods at the yall come !! Tomorrow night is the fire works! ! Come on traders will we see you here,, call us at the phone #s in the previous posts. Although I think Rick broke his cell. Try mine or just arrive and look for us!!