PDA

View Full Version : 1" Honda gasoline pump at Lowe's!

Bucket Head
01-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Hey guy's,

Anyone still looking for a small sap pump? Check out your closest Lowe's Home Improvment Store.

The Lowe's near me had on "Clearance", a Honda 1" 40gpm gas pump for $137.60!!! Yes, I bought one. The last one at the store.

I do not know if all the stores are clearancing this pump, or just the one near me, but it would be worth a look.

Do it soon because I can't see these sticking around long at that price.

Steve

Bucket Head
01-22-2009, 04:17 PM
Did anyone go looking for one of these pumps?

Did you get one?

Just wondering.

Steve

ronr
01-22-2009, 05:41 PM
I sure did, looked in the lawn and garden section, nothing. Next stop plumbing section, and there by the water tanks and sump pumps was one of these Honda pumps. So I too bought the last one in stock.

Thank you very much for the heads up!

davey
01-22-2009, 05:59 PM
do any of you happen to have the lowes stock number for this? I don't show it at my local store and that might help make it easier to search other stores nearby

ronr
01-22-2009, 06:24 PM
My sales slip has it as 199297. I don't think the on-line info is correct as far as stock for local stores. I would call.

MaplePancakeMan
01-22-2009, 07:51 PM
Where is New Hartford? I gotta get me one of those i paid almost that much for a huge inline/submersible pump which i then proceeded to break the threading on, during one of those 'bad' days i'll check the store around here!

ryan marquette
01-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the sales bulliten Bucket Head. I called 3 different store locations & only one of them said they had one. I bet the other 2 had them also, they seemed very clueless about what I was asking for. So I would maybe try to call & ask if they have;199297 Gas Powered Transfer Pump $127.60. That's exactly what my sales slip said. Hurry up & get them before E-Bay does!!!!

Bucket Head
01-22-2009, 09:51 PM
Maple Pancake Man,

New Hartford is next to Utica, NY. But the NH store does not have any more.

Check stores near you. Where is Clinton Corners?

Steve

MaplePancakeMan
01-22-2009, 11:30 PM
about 15 miles on a diagonal from the MA, CT, NY. I'm gonna go check the ones in Kingston and Poughkeepsie tomorrow

Justin Turco
01-23-2009, 03:49 AM
Glenns Falls has a lowes too. What a deal. We spent a lot more than that for ours. They sure work good. We filled a 14000 gallon pool with ours this year. Took 8 hours or so. Nice piece of equipment for a sugar maker. Keep the oil changed, probably last forever.

Homestead Maple
01-23-2009, 07:04 AM
That's a fantastic buy at that price. I saw one yesterday in a local hardware store for $300.

DaveB
01-23-2009, 08:45 AM
That's a fantastic buy at that price. I saw one yesterday in a local hardware store for $300.

Tractor Supply has one for $240, but that's still more that this one. I'm going to check out my local Lowes and see if they have one. I hope!

Dave

Update: I checked the Lowes in Springfield, MA and they did not carry them, but I'm going to call around.

Buckeye mapler
01-23-2009, 10:27 AM
Yeah, thanks for the heads up. I am all the way in Ohio. None of our stores have stocked that pump for 6 months or more. I was getting frustrated. Until I got on lowes web site and found store numbers to the New York locations. I just kept calling until I found one. It will be here in 3-5 days! What a deal! Thanks again!

NH Maplemaker
01-23-2009, 12:30 PM
I called one of the stores here in New Hampshire, they had one but it was $271.00 and they said it wasn't on sale!!

Buckeye Marple, Will every Lowe's store ship like that? And how did you find all the New York stores? May try that !!

Jim L.

MaplePancakeMan
01-23-2009, 12:49 PM
Tried all 4 local stores... only one could find anything with that item number and when i described it they were all clueless. So no luck this far. It doesn't show on the website either right?

DaveB
01-23-2009, 01:12 PM
I checked a few stores around me and no luck...The Website does not have one of these either.

Hey Steve, Are there any other stores in your area that have this pump? When I talked to the different stores, they all say that different regions/area carry different items. Maybe this is something that they clearenced only in that area? I did the math and it would actually be cheaper for me to drive three hours, pick one of those up than pay $240 for a pump here. Go figure!

Dave

Buckeye mapler
01-23-2009, 03:02 PM
Go to lowes web site and click on find a location. then click on search by region. click on new york and it gives you a list of the store with numbers. they can all ship and it is free after $40.00 so this item will be shipped free. mine was 127.60. Glenn falls, poughkeepsie, new hartford, and utica are all out or did not carry them. they are in plumbing. some of them did not even know they carried them so insist that they look by the sump pumps and water tanks.

Brandon
01-23-2009, 04:00 PM
ya thanks for the heads up. i called around and found three in the Brunswick store so i got one, should be here in 3 to 5 days. they didn't know what i was talking about either, it took them a while to find them. there is 2 left...

MaplePancakeMan
01-23-2009, 04:31 PM
brunswick now only has 1 left hahaha.... he didnt' seem very happy on the phone with me either!

He said he had to charge me shipping then i told him what it said on the website... and he said he'd call me back after he found out.

thanks for the heads up !

DaveB
01-23-2009, 06:06 PM
brunswick now only has 1 left hahaha.... he didnt' seem very happy on the phone with me either!

He said he had to charge me shipping then i told him what it said on the website... and he said he'd call me back after he found out.

thanks for the heads up !

The power of the Internet!

I got the last one at the Brunswick store. I didn't get the regular plumbing guy and talked with the manager. He said it was an open box and he wasn't sure (I guess the plumbing guy spoke with the manager because we were all calling!). But, he said that I could return it to any Lowes if it doesn't work.

I was told it was $128 and $10 shipping....I paid it because I didn't want to haggle and hey, $138 bucks is a good price. We'll see. Just what I needed.

Dave

p.s. Sorry if someone else is trying to get one...If they had them in NY and ME, some other stores have to have them too.

MaplePancakeMan
01-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Dave yeah, he told me he'd call me if there was a shipping charge so that i could ok it so no worries. I just mentioned the online thing because i didn't want outrageous shipping from ME hahaha. I'm so happy i got this! i called a total of 10 stores before i got this one. I had just about given up when i came on here to post that and saw that brunswick had some.

Buckeye mapler
01-23-2009, 11:01 PM
I told you there wasnt a shipping charge. We must all give a huge tip of the hat to Bucket Head! I owe you big time. If another deal comes in my area that I think is note worthy, you will get a private message about it first guy, cause this was definitely a great buy. thanks again!

maple sapper
01-24-2009, 08:01 AM
I checked around with phone and came up short on the pump. If anyone finds more please let the group know. What state was the brunswick store in? I know I am late to the party on that store but wondering.

maple sapper
01-24-2009, 08:44 AM
Gilford NH has one left. I just found two there and I got one being shipped. Unfortuantely they are not selling them for 127.60 I think the guy quoted me $217.00. thats still a great price. So, there is one for the taking there if anyone is looking.

MaplePancakeMan
01-24-2009, 09:01 AM
Yeah bucket head! you should post a want list on here now and when were all out buying things we'll keep you in mind for good deals!

Bucket Head
01-24-2009, 02:18 PM
Hey Guy's,

I was just trying to help some fellow sugarmakers out with the pump info.

I did'nt think there would be as much interest as there was, and I did'nt realize Lowe's would ship the pumps to you guys like that.

I'm glad everyone eventually found one.

Seeing that its a Honda engine, the things ought to run forever! These might be the last pumps we ever buy.

Happy pumping to eveyone!

Steve

davey
01-24-2009, 02:34 PM
I checked Lowes on-line and found nothing went to my closest store in Macedon, NY and still no luck there either. Spent the next few hours hosting a bowling birthday for my 7 year old and remembered there was another Lowes right near by the bowling alley in Canandaigua NY. Found the pump in plumbing, but it was only marked down to $279. I told the manager that I read an on-line site called the Maple Trader and that in New Hampshire they were on clearance for $126, he said, ok and now I have one to. thanks.

Bucket Head
01-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Davey,

So both of you got a birthday present today!

That's great!

Steve

gator330
01-24-2009, 04:26 PM
I stopped in at the Lowes in Aburn, N.Y. today looked, asked every one thought I was nuts. They didn't have it, my wife found out I had a 175.00 on me and now I don't have a pump or the money!!!!!! Thanks any way!!!!!

Bucket Head
01-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Gator,

Don't worry, there's a little time left before the sap starts running.

Hopefully by then you will have been able to trade the wife for a good pump, LOL!

Steve

gator330
01-24-2009, 09:27 PM
Some times you just have to write it off for the good of all!!!!

I was counting on gravity to do the work any way. Just that for that price, How could you not have one around? Any way if I had it I would be tempted to tape some place I would need it... I don't have time for the sap in the tanks now! And it hasn't run yet!!!!!

Just the same I thank you for the words of incuragement, But it's gone for good!

sap creek
01-25-2009, 05:10 PM
thanks to all for the great lead found 3 pumps at the oneonta store now they have 2 but they are priced at 175.00 .

algersugar
01-26-2009, 05:52 PM
lowes in glensfalls has 3 left at $127

maple sapper
01-26-2009, 05:55 PM
glenns falls VT or NY? thanks Gregg

algersugar
01-26-2009, 05:56 PM
New York
Call with a credit card and they will hold it till you can pick it up 518 798 9050

maple sapper
01-26-2009, 06:18 PM
I just got one from the Glenfalls store so there is 2 left now. and I am returning the $217 pump when it arrives unless somone wants to buy it when its the last new one on the planet. Thank you Algersugar for the tip on the Glenfalls store.

brookledge
01-26-2009, 07:08 PM
Boy I wonder what the regional sales rep going to think when they see a run on all of the pumps in New england and other states. Probably will restock and raise the price.
Keith

Bucket Head
01-26-2009, 07:19 PM
I was just thinking the same thing, LOL.

I think we have the Lowe's inventory people and "beancounters" scratching their head's pretty good!

Thank's to the Mapletrader and some savvy syrup maker's, we got them wonderin'!

Again, happy pumping to all!

Steve

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
01-26-2009, 08:55 PM
Foks, we are talking about Lowes, they don't seem to have a clue to much of anything, at least all the stores I have been in. You spend about 1/2 or 2/3 of you time just trying to find someone to help you.

jcb
01-27-2009, 05:13 AM
Glens falls is out

maplwrks
01-27-2009, 05:40 AM
There is also a Lowes in Saratoga---10 mins down the interstate

gator330
01-27-2009, 07:17 AM
Gator,

Don't worry, there's a little time left before the sap starts running.

Hopefully by then you will have been able to trade the wife for a good pump, LOL!

Steve

Hey Bucket Head

I mentioned the trade to my wife she returned her Item and gave me the money back!!! The next day!!!! Thats no lie eather!!!! So any way I gave up on the pump ( both of them LOL) and I'm heading to get the stove pipe today so I can test fire this weekend. Gator

The only reason she returned her item was part of it was missing. They didn't have anouther one. I hate to make her sound all bad. Although she is close to it!!!!!!

Bucket Head
01-27-2009, 06:55 PM
Gator,

I'm happy to hear about the return of your money.

Now next time your in a store, don't admit to having any money on you! LOL!

Steve