PDA

View Full Version : Oil Burner

Amber Gold
01-19-2009, 07:45 PM
I just bought an 2.5x8 Grimm which came with an oil burner with the door setup. I can't find any information on the oil burner to determine what kind it is, size, etc. The only information on it is on the electric motor which just gives info. on that. I don't intend to use it so will be selling it. What is most likely the size of the oil burner and what does something like this go for? I can most some pics of it on my photobucket site if needed. Also is there a way to test it so I can make sure it works?

brookledge
01-19-2009, 08:34 PM
The easiest way is to take the nozzle out to see how many gallons per hour it is. I would guess it is around 3 gph. To test it you would need to supply power and a temporary fuel supply like a 5 gal can with a couple of gallons of diesel in it. Do you have an oil burner in your house or any where else you could look at to help you hook it up?
Keith

Amber Gold
01-20-2009, 09:49 AM
I have forced hot air. I may know somebody who could give me a hand hooking it up. Can I just wire a plug onto the end and plug it into the wall?

Haynes Forest Products
01-20-2009, 10:07 AM
Go on Ebay under oil burners and then do a search for oil guns and you will see alot for sale just look and compare. Yes you can put a plug on it and try it that way. Dont just plug it in without holding it down and facing it away from you! If the pump has oil in it you might get a little flame blow out. What will happen when you plug it in is the igniter will start firing and then the pump and fan combo will start up spraying out oil mist onto the elec. igniter and you will get ignition..........you hope. It doesnt need to be in a chamber to start up and work....just dont do it in the garage and face it at the wood pile.

Amber Gold
01-21-2009, 10:24 AM
I'll try and mess with it this weekend and make sure I point it at the 6 chord of pine which is stacked next to the sugar house.

I'll try and get some pics tonight or tomorrow and post those. Maybe someone can tell by looking at it.

Haynes Forest Products
01-21-2009, 10:39 AM
AG If you do point it at the wood pile you will have to tell us about it under the FIRE STARTER and New sugar house construction thread