PDA

View Full Version : "BEAVER RIVER 2003" tubing

dano2840
01-15-2009, 05:21 PM
Hey all,
Last year i got some tubing from my uncle that he had taken down and said i could have, its a aqua green color and is a blend between rigid and semi riged, you need to heat it up even w/ a tubing tool (unless you have finger muscles the size of an orange) I really liked the stuff when i used it, its great tubing, and stays tight, alittle hard to work with in terms of pressing it on to fittings w/ outa torch, but impressive stuff.
DOES ANY ONE KNOW OF WHERE I CAN GET A FEW ROLLS OF THIS STUFF?
IS IT STILL MAID?
the other stuff i want to get some more of is this lime green tubing, on the tiney bit i have it doesnt say what company maid it or any thing, but its a bright lime green, i mostly like the look of the stuff because it looks awesome, and works very well for drops. but can any one help me track down a source for either of these tubing companies or distributors?

Homestead Maple
01-15-2009, 08:29 PM
Fifteen years ago or so, I used some tubing like this that was made by Beaver River. Quality tubing at the time but not made any more. They made some fittings also.
U.S. Maple also made some green tubing like this but they're not around any more either.

802maple
01-16-2009, 04:57 AM
U.S. Maple is still available at my last knowledge, You can get it at one of the owners in Fletcher, Vermont, Mayotte Maple Products, also Bruce Bascom is one of the owners

802 849 6810

maplwrks
01-16-2009, 05:40 AM
Dan,
I use the lime green tubing you are referring to. It is made by Leader and is available at Mayottes in Fletcher. $54.00 a roll.

dano2840
01-16-2009, 06:40 AM
i was pm ed and was told the beaver river is still around and there was a guy advertising it in upstate ny. he had it advertised in the ny maple "pipeline".
mplwrks have you ever used that lime green tubing for lats? or just drops? if you have used it for lats does it seem to work ok or is it a little saggy, and tend to stretch out? i used it for 1 lat last year and it seemed it loosened up of corse i didnt know a heck of alot about hanging tubing last year and its probably cause i didnt stretch it

maplwrks
01-16-2009, 07:42 AM
I forgot that Beaver river also made a lime green tubing---the tubing that I use is the same as Leaders 30p tubing, just green in color. I only use it for laterals.

caseyssugarshack93
01-16-2009, 08:07 AM
i remember at the leader open house last year there was alot of that green tubing on sale (should of bought some Just to try it)

nate

maplwrks
01-16-2009, 09:16 AM
I like the green--It shows up real well against the snow. It's easy to see if the line is down.

caseyssugarshack93
01-16-2009, 09:51 AM
if leader has some this year i think ill buy a few rolls just to try it i like the color

Nate

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
01-16-2009, 06:41 PM
Not being unkind, but if you have to heat the Beaver River to get it onto fittings with a tubing tool, you don't know what you are doing. I have 9 rolls of it up in the woods I got from the Maple Guys in 2003 and I love the stuff. Yes, a little hard to work with, but very thick walled, durable and cleans good. Everything I have is what I would guess you are referring to as a lime green color. I didn't know they made anything else. If it is still available, I wouldn't mind having a name or two of where I can buy it or a weblink. More work up front, but lot less headache in the long run and the rodents don't seem to like it and even when they bight it, it don't usually puncture into the inside where it will leak.

220 maple
01-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Brandon,
I have one branch line that I have Beaver River tubing on, It's stamped Beaver River 2000, I believe I bought it in the Spring of 2001. I take it down every season and clean it, just put it back up Wendesday of this week. I have had very few problems with it. The guy I bought it from may have some left, I have not been to his location for over a year now. He is located in the southern end of Highland County. I believe he is about 30 miles north of Covington,VA. His name is Mike Puffenbarger of Southernmost Maple. I quit buying from him. He irritates me about like Ivan Puffenbarger irritates you.
And by the way they claim thay are not related.

Mark 220 Maple

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
01-16-2009, 09:16 PM
Mark,

Ivan really don't irritate me any, just thought when I was younger his head was swelled a little. Either way, glad to see him build back after the fire that burned up everything.

As far as Mike, he bought a 3x8 and a 4x14 Leader evaporators off of Fred Stevens and took him forever(several years) to pay for them and they thought he would never pay for them. I have heard other problems about him too, so I never delegated to dealing with him even though he is about half the distance of Henry Brenneman. I wouldn't mind buy a few rolls of the Beaver River off of him if I was in that area sometime, but doubt that will happen as I never go to that area.

Is your Beaver River green?? I think mine is stamped 2003 which is the same year I put it up I think or maybe it was 2004 I put it up, time gets away.

220 maple
01-18-2009, 06:47 AM
Brandon,
Yes my Beaver River is green, I suspect some would call it lime green. There was another guy by the name of Leo Shinholtz near Cumberland, Maryland that was dealer for Beaver River, he may have some also, I visited him last summer looking for what I thought was Beaver River Inserts. Mike had sold them to my father and said they were made by Beaver River, Leo checked with the former owner of Beaver River and he said that his business never made them. He thought they may have come from Lapierre? I need to post a picture on this site to see if someone could Identify them? Maybe I can get that accomplished when my computer whiz kid is on spring break in March.

Mark 220 Maple

dano2840
01-18-2009, 08:43 AM
i have some of the lime green stuff its easy to work with its the darker aqua green that is hard to press on fittings, especially when its 25 out, i had to take the tool put the handle against the tree and push on the other handle with all i had, to do any thing with that stuff, thats when i decided to go get the torch, it worked alot easyer

802maple
01-18-2009, 09:52 AM
The only thing with using a torch or any kind of flame you will breakdown the chemical makeup of the plastic and it will become brittle and break.

lew
01-19-2009, 06:48 AM
The Owner of Beaver River Tubing is Warren Allen. He is located in Lewis County, Ny, up near Watertown. His phone number is 315-346-6706. I know that he is selling a lot of Lapiere tubing now. Not sure if he is still making the Beaver River 5/16. I do know that he is still making his orange mainline. I'm picking 5,000 feet next week.

220 maple
01-20-2009, 09:15 PM
Lew,
Thanks, I stretched every brain cell I had left and could not rememeber his name.

Mark 220 Maple

lew
01-22-2009, 10:11 PM
PIcked up mainline today and talked to Warren about his Beaver river tubing. He is no longer having the 5/16 tubing made. he is only having the orange mainline made now.