PDA

View Full Version : Saving threads to personal folder on Trader (Moderator help)

Maplewalnut
01-13-2009, 08:17 AM
Jim/Clan

Is there a way to open up a 'personal folder' on the forum that we could copy and paste important threads for reference later? I know I for one have received a lot of great information but find it hard to search again for that info. Could always do it off line but figured I would ask if it is a feature that is available through the site

Mike

Clan Delaney
01-13-2009, 06:16 PM
This might be possible. Let me look at it.

Clan Delaney
01-13-2009, 06:46 PM
I was right... the site can do this for you.

You can create folders in Your Control Panel. Under the heading on the left that says Subscribed Threads, click the link that says Edit Folders.

There should already be a folder titled Subscriptions. Whenever you post to a thread, the system automatically subscribes you to that thread, and adds a link to it in the Subscriptions folder. It looks like you can make as many new folders as you want, and give them your own names. So go ahead and make a new folder or two. You can always rename them later.

Now, when you find a thread that you're interested in and want to save it, go to the bottom of the page and look under the heading Thread Tools. Click on the link that looks like this:

http://mapletrader.com/community/images/buttons/subscribe.gif Subscribe to this Thread

When you do you'll be taken to a new screen where you can choose 1) the type of email notification you want when someone replies to that thread (including no notification, if you want), and 2) the folder to which you want to add the subscription. Then just click the Add Subscription button and you're all set. Lather, rinse, repeat.

If you want to browse your subscriptions later, just go back to Your Control Panel and under the Subscribed Threads header, click the List Subscriptions link.

Any problems, let me know.

Maplewalnut
01-14-2009, 11:29 AM
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Clan.