PDA

View Full Version : saddle blocks/ multi fitting on 1/2" mainline

dano2840
01-12-2009, 04:31 PM
I was wondering if you could put a multifitting on half inch, that 5/16 hole looks big but i think it could be done, any thoughts?

mountainvan
01-12-2009, 04:41 PM
I would'nt do it. Those fittings are meant for 3/4" and bigger pipe.

3% Solution
01-12-2009, 05:52 PM
dano,
It was suggested to me to use the Single manifold Saddle w/elbow.
They have worked very well for the past 3 years.
However, I do not run vacumn on any of my lines.
Another idea is to use a Lamb mainline Tee, which could be used with vacumn.
Maybe go with a star.
Either way your going to have to cut the mainline.
I agree with mountainvan, it's going to leak, because it's not designed for that size mainline.
just my pennies worth.

Dave

dano2840
01-12-2009, 06:13 PM
i didnt think i should so now i know i shouldnt, thanks
DaNo

maplecrest
01-12-2009, 07:33 PM
i have a few multi fittings on 1/2. you have to play with it to get it to work. with a piece of 1/2 pipe and cut a shim to fit under the ratchet of the multifitting to tighten down. it took a while to find a shim that will work in the woods.

PATheron
01-13-2009, 03:44 AM
Ive used some half inch mainline up in my woods and what Ive done is use the 4 ways of course that I had. When I used them though I still brought the lateral in and clipped it on the wire and then ran it to the 4way or (turtle) whatever like you would a saddle. Other thing I did becouse I usually have a lot of fittings around is I took a short piece of 3/4 and used two half inch to three quarter barbed adapters and put the short piece of 3/4 inline and then put a regular saddle on that. That worked pretty good. Just kind of using stuff I had. Theron