PDA

View Full Version : The Ag Trade Fair

Revi
01-12-2009, 12:34 PM
I'm going on Wednesday at around 3pm. Is anything exciting happening then?

I can't get there until the afternoon.

See you there!

RickinFarmington
01-12-2009, 01:21 PM
I am planning on attending on Thursday. Forums are scheduled from nine am till early afternoon. I also believe a memmbership meeting is scheduled for Thursday afternoon.
I am hoping to win the Mason evaporator.

Rick

TapME
01-12-2009, 03:40 PM
I will see if I can time off to go to the expo. What day is the schedule look best to attend?

tessiersfarm
01-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Only time I can make it is wed afternoon as well.

First Time I have been able to make it at all.

Revi
01-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Maybe I'll see you there, Jason. It is fun. There are a lot of tractors and equipment I can't afford, but there's a lot of maple stuff there as well.

I'm sure you'll get a lot out of it, because you have so many agricultural enterprises going.

Sounds like Thursday is maple day, but I'm working.

JohnsSugarShack
01-12-2009, 10:18 PM
First time going plan on being there Wednesday have to work on Thursday also. Looking for more info to help determine which evaporator to go with and what ever else I can find. Comptemplating 2x6 Phaneuf and Leader evaporators.

Revi
01-13-2009, 06:48 AM
We have a Phaneuf. It works well.

See you at the fair. There are all sorts of things happening. It should be fun! My real name is Iver Lofving and I'll be around the evaporator people. I am about 6'3" and have grey hair (that probably describes half the people there).

I'll have a norwegian blue and white checked sweater on as well.

Revi
01-13-2009, 07:10 AM
The only thing I can catch is Energy on the Farm, in the Augusta Room at 5 on Wednesday. They are going to talk about carbon credits and markets. That sounds like something we might be able to use.

See you there.

Here's the schedule for Wednesday:

http://www.getrealmaine.com/visit/trades_show_wed.html

tessiersfarm
01-13-2009, 06:02 PM
Revi

Don't know if you have talked to father or not but we (he and I) are in the process of the new evaporator.

27" wide by 76" long stainless pans.
Going to have a 48" Flued pan and a 28" flat pan.
Forced draft
Fire brick lined

All home made, but almost looks professional. I cant afford the flued pan until I sell the old evaporator but He has asked how much it will cost. I think he is planning on buying the stainless until I do sell it. He is just as excited as I am, maybe more so.

Poop and I talked about collecting last year and the tubing and I think we are going back to all buckets this year. His lot in E. Madison does not have enough slope and we agree that we lost a fair amount of sap to frozen lines. If I get the flued pan done I am going to tap all the taps including some on another fellers land so I should be over 100 this year.

sapsick
01-13-2009, 06:09 PM
jasaon i will have to come over and see the new deal. check ebay. thought i saw a new ss pan in jackman for 325

tessiersfarm
01-13-2009, 06:40 PM
Any time I am usually not too far

Picture is not that great, camera phones suck and there was a little welding smoke in the air.

Revi
01-15-2009, 05:09 PM
That is awesome! You really have the Tessier savoir faire! That is going to be a great evaporator.

You will really be getting the boil going with that this spring!

TapME
01-15-2009, 07:39 PM
that looks great, should serve you well.

tessiersfarm
01-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Just an update

Father called me tonight and told me to order the stainless for the flued pan he will pay for it until I sell the old evaporator

If all goes well I will have the new pan within a couple of weeks.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
01-18-2009, 05:11 PM
Congrats and hope you have a great season. I know it is exciting getting something new like that!

tessiersfarm
01-20-2009, 07:32 PM
I met with the sheetmetal shop foreman tonight after work and we bent the pan. It came out great. Now have to get the welder lined up to weld for me. Hopefully this weekend.

Some of the perks of working for a construction outfit, I guess.