PDA

View Full Version : I think this is my last question on pan design.....I hope

shawk
01-12-2009, 12:14 PM
I would like to thank everyone who has provided input on my pan questions as I am learning about this. The one think I have not been able to guess at from the pictures that are available is the size of the hole at the bottom of the dividers in a partitioned pan. Does anyone have one they can measure?

Thanks

Haynes Forest Products
01-12-2009, 12:36 PM
My hole is a triangle in the corner so when you make the (opening) depending on your pan size just cut the corner off . On my 18X36 pan the size is about 5" high by 5" wide. You dont want the opening to be a restriction and stop the sap from moving easly when you draw off. During the evaporation prosses the sap to syrup will move fine its the draw off thats important.

brookledge
01-12-2009, 06:53 PM
If you cut it at a 45 degree angle to make a triangle like Haynes said you can fold over a little to stiffen it and it would be easier to do than making the divider square. I would not recommend round holes because the lower the level the less syrup can flow through due to the curvature. You don't want it to be restrictive. That is why a triangle is your best the lower the level the more opening there is.
Keith