PDA

View Full Version : Ask and ye shall receive

mapleman3
01-09-2009, 12:34 PM
you asked for a family area... you got it.... We all enjoy having the family involved, here's a place to talk about it...

no asking about evaporators or prices or whatever.... this is for those who want to reminisce,talk about whats going on, ask questions, boast... whatever.

Enjoy

3% Solution
01-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Thanks Jim & Clan!!!

I think this is a good place to keep folks up on family issues that need our support.
Now let's find out about Dorsey!!!

Dave

dano2840
01-09-2009, 01:45 PM
my issue: how do i deal with my mother? y cant she understand my place is in the woods not in my room cleaning it?;)

3% Solution
01-09-2009, 01:56 PM
dano,
Your issue is pretty clear and can be taken care of simply by CLEAN YOUR ROOM.
Better yet don't just drop stuff and leave it!
Then it's always clean.
Then you have the time to be in the woods.
Got to side with mom on this one!!

Dave

gator330
01-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Dano

I'm with the 3% on this one. I'm shure your Mother wants you to follow your passion to make syrup. But also has the task of teaching you there are a lot more things in life that need your attention. I'm a big beleaver in "Learn what you need to when you need to and follow your passion"!!!! I think it might be time you learn to clean your room. Just do it, get it done! She's happy and you can go about your intrests sooner. Ps I have two teenagers. One has got the point, one has not. The one that has, has it all. The other does not!!!

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
01-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Speaking of family, I think everyone has done a good job in helping clean up the trader and keep it clean. We have little eyes on here from time to time that are guest and they don't need to see the four letter words, etc and members that don't want to see them either. Let's keep it family friendly!!!!!!!

jrthe3
01-09-2009, 03:25 PM
my mom alway complained about how you could not see the carpet in my room but you could eat ooff the floor in the sugar house

mapleman3
01-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Brandon, your right, everyone is doing a great job with their posts... but so true that this is a public forum, one does not have to be registered to view.. so family members of sugarers may be onlooking and always good to be on the good !

dano2840
01-09-2009, 05:27 PM
it was clean at one point about a month ago, but i know that when i get one of those girl friend things that ive heard about it will be spottless, thats what ive been told any way..............................

peacemaker
01-09-2009, 05:37 PM
dano just make enough money to hire a cleaning lady for the whole house moms fixed

Amber Gold
01-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Mom's are like wives...keep them happy and then you're happy. If they're not happy you can be sure you're not going to be happy!

Haynes Forest Products
01-09-2009, 06:18 PM
I can tell you from experiance that My 22 daughter who owns a house is a clean freak now that she does not live at home anymore. I used to walk in her room and wipe my feet on everything that was on the floor and announce that if its on the floor its a RUG things started to change. When I would do a job interview the last thing I would ask a person to see is thair car and they would wonder why and I would explain its how people live and take care of a large investment...........MMMMMM

dano2840
01-09-2009, 07:15 PM
I can tell you from experiance that My 22 daughter who owns a house is a clean freak now that she does not live at home anymore. I used to walk in her room and wipe my feet on everything that was on the floor and announce that if its on the floor its a RUG things started to change. When I would do a job interview the last thing I would ask a person to see is thair car and they would wonder why and I would explain its how people live and take care of a large investment...........MMMMMM

a truck/car is a whole nother ball game i will keep my cab spotless, armerall it and every thing that is some thing that will be used alot and will haul friends and girlfriends, i keep my tractor pretty clean,

jrthe3
01-09-2009, 07:50 PM
i was an over the road truck driver for a few summers my semi was spotless inside and out

Sugarmaker
01-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Dorsey Alexander Logan is doing fine in recovery after his heart surgery yesterday at Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus Ohio. Just talked to Stacy she and Dave are very relieved! They had to sedate him a little more to keep him still today. His blood pressure is good and all indicators are that the surgery was a success. Now to wean him off the oxygen and get that darn tube out of his throat. Plus about four other things: like reconnect his lower intestine, take care of the hernias and remove his gall bladder. Did I mention that his ribs were broken on his back and his left femur leg bone was broke too. Dorsey was born Sept 18 2008 and weighed 2 lb 12 oz. he is now at about 6.5 lb. Might have to just go bust him out of there! We talk about crosses to bear this kid got enough for a whole darn family!

Jim and Clan hope this family area works out. I think it will allow us to vent the non maple stuff without feeling like we are hijacking a serious maple thread. I feel better already:)
Keep that maple stuff coming, its getting nearer every day. Before you know it some one will be tapping! We have serious winter weather in Erie PA area and that should make for another good syrup year too.

Regards,
Chris