PDA

View Full Version : Draining Freon from bulk tank/compressor

Parker
09-02-2004, 04:03 AM
Hi Everyone
I am just getting around to picking up a 1200 gallon bulk tank I got last spring and the farmer is a little freaked out about draining the freon properly,It is still in the milk room hooked to compressors,,do any of you know the proper procedure? Any help would be greatly appricated.....Thanks, Parker

mapleman3
09-02-2004, 07:25 AM
Wish I was closer to ya, I have a reclaimer on my truck... but yes you should recover it if he's having a fit. if it runs you could do whats called a pump down on it, so most of the refrigerant is kept in the condensorand compressor section, with very little loss. if you need more info I can help you out over the phone.

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
09-04-2004, 07:01 AM
post edited

Brad W Wi
09-04-2004, 07:15 AM
Ya cut the lines and while your at it hook your sewer directly to the local river and then throw your garbage along the road.It's just one tank of freon but it all adds up. Is it going to kill you to recover it? I'm not a big enivormentelest (?) but we got to stop letting crap into our skies and waterways.I grew up on one of the most poluted waterways in Wisconsin and its come a long way but they are still removing PCB's from it. We all know the right way to do some of these things it just takes a little more effort.

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
09-04-2004, 08:01 AM
post edited

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
09-04-2004, 08:06 AM
post edited

mapleman3
09-04-2004, 09:38 AM
Like I said... you can pump it down into the condensor, by shutting the outgoing line(small)to the tank from the compressor.... run it till it starts sounding different, then shut the valve on the larger ling going to the tank. what that does is suck all the "freon" out of the evaporator(tank) and store it in the condensor(where compressor is) then with the valves closed you can cut the lines to the tank and you won't get more than a pssft of "freon" it's the next best "safe" and "legal " way to do it than actually recovering it, plus you still have all the "freon"(generic name... actually refrigerant... kinda like kleenex and scotch tape) Call me on my cell... 413-246-2813... I'm up to Rick (syrupmakers) ya'll come in the woods right now so I can talk all ya want... JOE MAPLEKING WHERE ARE YOU !!!!!! DROPFLUE YA COMIN UP ??? ANYONE ELSE here till Monday Noon!!!

mapleman3
09-04-2004, 05:10 PM
OK Joes here now....Anyone else coming.. oh and hey bring your quad !!!

FMWARREN
09-05-2004, 10:37 AM
Call a local refrigeration guy give him a gallon of syrup done deal.