PDA

View Full Version : Lapierre r/o

caseyssugarshack93
12-25-2008, 08:46 AM
I got my X mas wish sitting under my treeall the money for my r/o and i pick it up on jan 5th cant wait . i got a 250gph lapierre R/o :D :D :D :D

Nate

PATheron
12-25-2008, 11:14 AM
Nate- Thats a heck of a Chrismas present. You must have been pretty good. Theron

paul
12-25-2008, 11:17 AM
HEY Nate, See it really does pay to be good

dano2840
12-25-2008, 01:03 PM
that makes me sad:(
i wanted an r/o for christmas but i didnt get one, im gunna go cry in the corner.......lol, oh well. Good for u nate tell me how it works out come sugaring season

maplwrks
12-25-2008, 02:40 PM
Nate---It's great to see that your family recognizes your passion and are willing to give you a hand. We all need help once in a while.

Dano---Keep your chin up, work hard and you will own one someday also.

I think it's great that both of you kids are getting into this at your age. I know how I was at your age and sugaring seasom just wasn't long enough. Learn all you can--In a few years, there will be other kids getting into this business that will be looking for your advise!

hard maple
12-25-2008, 05:45 PM
Nate,Dano
I started 23 years ago, I'm 36 now,
My folks helped me get started and now my daughters are helping out.
And they love it.

I got bit by the bug in 1st grade during a field trip to a sugarhouse,
then my good friend in grade school who I helped sugar had a dairy farm and did sugaring in the spring
They gathered with horses..wood fired...gravity tanks...
that was the second time I got bit.
That being said...best thing my parents ever bought me was that 1ST evaporator (and the 2nd one)
OHHH I never had a TV growing up, so that was back when kids played outside and some of us still love to...

MaplePancakeMan
12-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Folks helped me too! Bought my Evaporator as a gift but i insisted on paying them back for half of it at least after i got my handle on things. If it weren't for them i might have not been sugaring at all!

So when i'm older i hope to do the same thing to a fellow sugarer help em get started.

caseyssugarshack93
12-25-2008, 09:24 PM
I been pretty good and there was a card saying how im growing in the sugarin bussniess so here is a nice upgrade and on and on and on it was really suprizing

Cant wait to use it

nate

2008 Best x mas ever :D

Thompson's Tree Farm
12-26-2008, 05:58 AM
Nate,
Congrats on the RO. It is great to have the family behind you like that. With 1500 anticipated taps, some on vacvroom, even with the RO, you are gonna be one busy young man. Good thing you'll be a year older and able to handle that much more just before sugaring:)

3% Solution
12-26-2008, 06:45 AM
casey,
Well good for you!!!
You must have been a good boy this past year!!!
Enjoy!!

Dave

dano2840
12-26-2008, 04:49 PM
well my mom is gunna front me the money to buy the part of my evap that i dont have but i will have to pay her back( good thing we have a farm stand cause she wants me to pay her in equivelency of syrup not cash!!!!)

caseyssugarshack93
12-26-2008, 05:43 PM
Yeah thats a good way to pay with syrup sometimes is they wil ldo it. Im gunna have my r/o and them some paid off after sugaring season if all goes well

nate

caseyssugarshack93
01-16-2009, 10:21 AM
R/o should be intoday :D :D :D

Ill see if it comes in or not

:D

caseyssugarshack93
01-16-2009, 02:13 PM
didnt get a truck in today at lapierre they said monday with the truck, my r/o should be on it. ill find out monday

tuckermtn
01-16-2009, 05:30 PM
not to discourage you, but in my expereince Laperrier is not too timely getting things in...2 weeks late for me (in the middle of the season) but happy with the final product...just an FYI

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
01-16-2009, 07:03 PM
They liked to never get my feed tank ready several years ago and the dealer couldn't get an answer from them, so I called them myself and lliked to never find someone that could speak English.

caseyssugarshack93
01-16-2009, 08:11 PM
i dont really know much about them my r.o is coming from lapiree usa in vt and i was suppto be in the 15 and i guess they didnt get a truck in and they said monday a truck will be in who knows if the r/o will be on it Hope So :D

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
01-16-2009, 09:22 PM
My tank was coming from Waterloo(Garth who wasn't any more help than Lapierre and he spoke English) in VT also, but it all comes from Canada regardless. Hope it gets there, I didn't think they would ever get my tank sent to the U.S. and had to delay picking up the evaporator for a while waiting on a feed tank that was ordered the same time the evaporator was ordered from Leader after the season was over in the spring. Amazing they could make an entire evaporator much faster than they could build a feed tank in 3 hours.

caseyssugarshack93
01-16-2009, 09:43 PM
yeah im hoping its on the truck monday from canada. but who knows

royalmaple
01-17-2009, 09:05 AM
If you have to call Lapierre, CA ask for Jeff Goulet he speaks english and is a great guy. Otherwise, Matt Williams in Lapierre USA.

maplwrks
01-17-2009, 04:20 PM
Patience Nate---Lapierre is a good company, it'll be herein time to tap!! Take this time to visit some other sugarhouses to see how they set theirs up so you can start putting together a materials list. You'll be amazed at the amount of fittings and valves you'll need to make it work. Good Luck!!

caseyssugarshack93
01-17-2009, 09:56 PM
i talk with matt, Good guy.and just waiting for the ol girl to come in

caseyssugarshack93
01-19-2009, 10:58 AM
dad talked to matt is the junior model 200gph matt said it does about 225 an hour should work pretty good.