PDA

View Full Version : Barrel rig

partsrus1974
12-21-2008, 06:09 AM
I was wondering what you guys think a oil fired barrel evaparator is worth?The pan is roughly 20x20 no draw off any input would be greatful thank you

--Parts

Haynes Forest Products
12-21-2008, 09:11 AM
Are you selling or buying? a pan of that size without a draw off would not command much money. I would think with the parts available on the used market $200.00 would be all I would pay. Now lets look at it the other way Is it a really nice rig SS pans ,bricked barrel ,cast doors, flue pipe with cap, nice leg, Nice oil gun with tank sitting there ready to go. I would pay $500.00 because you can always get a drawoff welded onto it and be off and running TELL US MORE

partsrus1974
12-21-2008, 10:36 AM
I'm not sure what i'm going to do with it,kinda want to fix it up.It would not take much to put a real pan on it.It was lined with brick,I had to empty it to move it.The gun seems to work ok,its rated up to 3 gph.I was thinking of cutting the barrel and making a rectangle angle iron frame on top to accomodate a 30x30 pan or whatever i could find.I boil on a 30"x8' evaporator now,so this barrel evaporator is just something to tinnker with.

Haynes Forest Products
12-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Nothing better than tinkering. That seems like alot of oil for such a small arch what is the stack temp and have you ever tried a smaller nozzel? Is it your first rig.

partsrus1974
12-21-2008, 02:11 PM
I have never used it to boil sap,I just tryed the gun to see if it worked.I aqquired it from a old farmer!I have been boiling on my own set-up for 3 years its a 30"x8'.i made 130 gal last season.Before i had my own rig,I use to work for a local producer here for 3 years.We had 3000 taps.I been doing it ever since.