PDA

View Full Version : posted MapleTrader Rules

mapleman3
12-20-2008, 09:25 PM
I have posted an extended set of rules for the forum at the top NEWS forum. I would like your input if you think something should be added or deleted from it. all of you as members enjoy coming here and know what you want out of it. Please I would like your opinions(Keep them civil in nature) we would like you all to continue coming here and not worry about the content or what you ask or explain.

if you would like your comment private, feel free to PM me

Thanks

Haynes Forest Products
12-20-2008, 10:20 PM
Will posting a link to a product link or Ebay if someone is looking for a certain item be permitted?

mapleman3
12-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Yes ebay is fine. Always has been ok.

WF MASON
12-21-2008, 04:54 AM
What makes this country great is, you can feel like you've been knocked down, kicked around,sand kicked in your eyes(remember the old bullying ad in magazines), and dust yourself off and go in your own direction, blaze a new trail and laugh in the face of fear, HA, God Bless America.
I'm not computer literate enough to find the posted rules, I did look though.

Russell Lampron
12-21-2008, 05:43 AM
Bill the rules are in the news section.

Jim what is SMS language?

mapleman3
12-21-2008, 06:37 AM
The rules are similar to most forums(more like guidelines) the whole thing is respect for the members. You want feel comfortable here. And respected, this is not aimed towards anyone , just posted for everyone to be on the same level :)

Clan Delaney
12-21-2008, 08:50 AM
Jim what is SMS language?

I can take this one. Actually, I'll let Wikipedia take it. Check this article. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMS_language)

SMS language is also known as TXT, or texting - Horribly abbreviated words that evolved from the need to be short when pecking out messages on a cell phone. Got a teenager? They can tell you all about it.

I've seen, and used, the occasional LOL around here. It means "laughing out loud".

mapleman3
12-21-2008, 08:57 AM
I have caught myself using LOL too many times. Mostly if I post from my blackberry. But in some forums I have seen lost of abbreviations that make no sense to the "untrained eye". Spell it out and it makes more sense ;)

Thanks Clan I added a link there.

Clan Delaney
12-21-2008, 08:58 AM
The rules are similar to most forums(more like guidelines) the whole thing is respect for the members. You want feel comfortable here. And respected, this is not aimed towards anyone , just posted for everyone to be on the same level :)

I think we've got a great community here. I was reading a thread the other day and saw a post where one member, unprompted, apologized for what they thought might have been a misconstrued tone in their previous post. Those kind of things are rare in online communities. They seem to be second nature at the Trader.

Russell Lampron
12-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Thank you Clan and Jim, I thought that it meant something like that but being on the other side of 50 I wasn't sure.