PDA

View Full Version : Releaser connections

Jeff E
12-17-2008, 04:10 PM
Greetings all!
I am now the proud owner of 2 horizontal releasers, the big boys with 8 1.25" tapped holes.

I know it is common for guys to pull their releasers out of the woods after the season is done, and am wondering what method is used for the connections of the lines to allow this.

I will have PVC into the holes, then a valve on each. What is the break point for removals?

mountainvan
12-17-2008, 06:13 PM
I use the quick couples on the mainline going into the releaser. Get the threaded ones for a leak free connection.

Haynes Forest Products
12-17-2008, 07:51 PM
What I did was on the manifold is stagger the ball valves so the handles dont hit each other and I did that by starting out with a PVC close nipple on the first valve and then the next one use a 3" nipple and then a close nipple and so on. I came of the releaser with a PVC nipple then the ball valve then a nipple and then a Home Depot white PVC union ($2.50) then a barb fitting that the mainline attaches to. When im done I disconnect the unions and let them hang down and the releaser with all the valves and the coupler with the o ring go into storage.

Jim Brown
12-18-2008, 06:13 AM
We did basicly the same as Haynes but we put barbed fittings on the valves and just unclamp the main lines and vac line and take the releaser to the house.

Jim

Haynes Forest Products
12-18-2008, 10:11 AM
JIM why not complicat it with more fittings. I think the one thing I woulnt do is mix plastic with steel use PVC fitting so they dont rust in and expand in the threads and crack the manifold. If you look at the line of holes it can cause a fracture line so go easy with the pipe wrench and use tape.

Jim Brown
12-18-2008, 11:59 AM
Haynes; All our fittings are plastic including the barbed ones.and only hand tight into the releaser with tape.
1. thread to glue 1" adapter(into releaser)
2.short nipple(plastic)
3.valve(plastic 1/4 turn 1" )
4. short nipple(plastic)
5.glue to thread 1" adapter
6.1" barbed fitting threaded into adapter
7.hook to main line.

This is what works for us
Thanks

Jim

Jeff E
12-19-2008, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the help.

Jim, much struggle getting your lines off the barbed fitting?

I just found some problems on my new line install. We had minus 18 degrees two nights ago, and one of my manifolds popped. It looks like line shrinkage did it in. Perhaps wire ties to tight. I think I need to back off on my wire tension and I hope that helps.

Jim Brown
12-19-2008, 10:10 AM
Jeff; No problem .when we are going to take things in we just bring a thermos full of hot water along and dump some hot water on the 1 or 3/4 tubing and it pulls right off!

Jim

Jeff E
12-20-2008, 11:07 PM
Thanks Jim. I will be going with the valves and barbs. Save some $$ too!