PDA

View Full Version : stretching mainline

sapman
12-11-2008, 07:04 PM
I know this has probably been talked to death in the past. But if you stretch the mainline good (I use a strap and pull all I can), then what do you do to keep the pipe from pulling on the wet/dry line manifold fittings? I'm hearing not to wire-tie the pipe too tightly, so it can expand/contract. I know many don't pull it and just tie as you go.

Tim

Russell Lampron
12-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Make your wire nice and tight and then only put enough tension on your pipe to keep it from accordioning up. I put a ratchet on each end of the wire and a tension grip and ratchet on each end of the pipe.

ennismaple
12-12-2008, 11:29 AM
We pull ours as hand tight as we can - mostly because it gets put up in winter and it can go snakey on you when the weather gets warm.

For securing your wet/dry connection I recommend you do it at a tree. That way you can tie the tees back to the tree with a rope to keep them from moving differentially.

802maple
12-21-2008, 11:54 PM
I tighten the pipe as much as I can no matter what time of the year so as never to have any accordion action. I also leave a little slack at every connection between my dry and wet line. I usually loop up and down into my wet line.