PDA

View Full Version : Leader Tubing

MFarmall
12-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Found a place near me that has some tubing that was discontinued by Leader. It is 40X, they told me it would work for drops and short laterals.
Has anyone heard of this tubing and if had any experiance with it?
Will check with them next week as to what they would want a roll for it.
Mel

Homestead Maple
12-07-2008, 08:32 PM
If this is the white tubing they made for drops I have had some in my woods for 2 years with no problems with it at all. Some dealers offered a good buy on it because they couldn't sell it. It's very good quality. It's quite flexible and I guess the only objection to it was that it's white. The trees and animals have never complained.

peacemaker
12-07-2008, 08:37 PM
white would pick up less heat
or is the stuff u mean the older purple hexagon stuff

MFarmall
12-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Didn't think to ask about the color. Will ask them tommorrow when I check about the price per roll.
If it is purple hex, is that a bad thing??? Last time saw hex tubing was about 12 years ago on a job for a lamp plant near here. Used for air to cylinders on some of the machines.
Mel

peacemaker
12-07-2008, 11:07 PM
i have the purple its really flexible but i bought it for drops and ended up with some up as tubing but i put it on wire ...

Russell Lampron
12-08-2008, 05:22 AM
The purple stuff is junk. It is hard to clean and gets brittle and cracks.

peacemaker
12-08-2008, 09:25 AM
i would say its harder to clean and have had it 3 years now and didnt notice it cracking or getting brittle ... russ did u bleach it ? maybe that dried it out ...

Russell Lampron
12-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Mine was about 5 years old when some of it had started to crack. When some of this stuff was 7 years old it would break right off when I took the tap off of the tee to put it into the tree. I never used bleach, I only rinse with water. I have had the same problem with the green and blue vinyl tubing but not quite as bad.

peacemaker
12-08-2008, 12:13 PM
well thanks i bought it cause the price was good and if i can get 5 years then i guess i was well spent money

MFarmall
12-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Peacemaker, they said it is the white tubing. They want $50 a 500' roll, with $15 shipping.
Figure for what I will have on tubing it should work to try it.
And will just flushing with water before I use it work?
Mel

peacemaker
12-08-2008, 08:31 PM
yeah i take the whole roll put in a sinkand i have a adapter i made i run hot water thru and then i pack a piece of cotton ball in and blow it thru with the compressor then i go and hang it

Homestead Maple
12-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Leader's newest catalog lists this tubing at $69 a roll. It's called memory flex. It's blue now instead of white.

Sugarmaker
12-09-2008, 08:19 PM
I would add that it is better for drops than laterals in My opinion. I went with the stiffer version for the laterals with much better success. ( Although some of the set up problems we my trial and error start up problems.) I used the 30P for the laterals. the 30P seems to have a harder coating and may stay cleaner longer too?

Chris

peacemaker
12-09-2008, 08:33 PM
thats what i do now as well i use the purple for drops i figured if i get 3 years or more i was money well spent i think i paid 30 a roll

nymapleguy607
12-09-2008, 08:47 PM
I like to use the the semi-rigid tubing for my lateral lines I like that because It will pull up tight but if something falls on it it will give. I have had branches and some small trees fall on it before but it has never broke, When the tree is cut off it slowly pulls itself back tight. My tubing is only five years old though so that might change a few years down the road
Just my two cents Jeff